Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scavenging.
12 December 2011, 16:18,
Scavenging.
OK, so its several months after TSHTF and you are scavenging a small village shop you have found, in the back is a shelf of tins but all the labels have come off, my question is this: is there any way of telling what is in the tins WITHOUT opening them??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 December 2011, 16:47,
RE: Scavenging.
(12 December 2011, 16:18)bigpaul Wrote: OK, so its several months after TSHTF and you are scavenging a small village shop you have found, in the back is a shelf of tins but all the labels have come off, my question is this: is there any way of telling what is in the tins WITHOUT opening them??

If you find multiple tins you can open one asertain the contents, then collect the rest if its somefink edible.

12 December 2011, 18:02,
hmmh!! thought you were going to say something like that! so i'd have to scavenging with a tin opener in my pocket! i thought maybe there were some numbers on the tins which might have a code on them but i see the answer is a bit more basic! ho hum!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 December 2011, 18:05,
I wouldn't bother. Take everything and sort it out when you get home.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 December 2011, 18:32,
(12 December 2011, 18:05)Skean Dhude Wrote: I wouldn't bother. Take everything and sort it out when you get home.

yes, a bit like, grab it and run!!Big Grin
12 December 2011, 18:33, (This post was last modified: 12 December 2011, 18:36 by Nemesis.)
(12 December 2011, 18:02)bigpaul Wrote: hmmh!! thought you were going to say something like that! so i'd have to scavenging with a tin opener in my pocket!

I small one in your edc is a must I feel.

(12 December 2011, 18:05)Skean Dhude Wrote: I wouldn't bother. Take everything and sort it out when you get home.

So tonight’s dinner will be custard and peas. hehe
13 December 2011, 10:55, (This post was last modified: 13 December 2011, 10:55 by bigpaul.)
WetandCold)

[/quote Wrote:
yes, i have heard of this happening before, a label came of a meat tin-someone thought it was stewing steak-it turned out to be dog food.
[quote='WetandCold')

yes, i have heard of this happening before, a label came of a meat tin-someone thought it was stewing steak-it turned out to be dog food.
13 December 2011, 15:41,
I don't have an answer for this, I think the only way you might identify them is if there was a standard in the industry of using certain materials for groups of foods. like goldish tins for meat, etc.

One another note I understand that in this country tinned dogfood has to be safe for human consumption. May be a myth though.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
13 December 2011, 15:58,
I think some dog food is of a higher standard. Can't let little diddums take any risks.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 December 2011, 16:47,
Mmmm Pedigree Chum, now I have the urge to sit on the dustbin and howl and the moon.