Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A sign of things to come?
1 September 2013, 15:19,
RE: A sign of things to come?
(1 September 2013, 12:49)Pagan-Mist Wrote: Does anyone really think when tshtf the police are going to help, no offence meant by this but lets get real, when they have 64 million people on the verge of starving, murdering each other do you realistically think their going to stick around, no they won't, It will be down to people like us to hunker down till the worst is over, then we pick up the pieces.

absolutely, come SHTF we are all on our own.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 September 2013, 19:07,
(1 September 2013, 10:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: We must admit that part of the problem affecting police operational effectiveness is the completely useless judicial system that refuses to imprison women crimals, lets burglars with hundreds of convictions walk free, refuses to prosecute travellers and is terrified of any acusations of racism,The cops are often arresting the same people every week only for the justices, magitrates and CPS to chicken out.

A coppers lot is not a happy one, but it in no way condones why they still take perverse pleasure in arresting home owners and individuals who dare resist burglars and robbers and hurt the criminals.

NR the magic words are" I was in fear for my life " just keep that one popping up in your statement.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
1 September 2013, 19:09,
Perhaps British police are fundamentally different from American police? I do not know.

I do know that most American police define themselves by their profession, excepting the bad apples one will find in every barrel. Ask them what they do and they reply, "I am a Cop." They do not work as Cops, they ARE cops. They do not plod along daily wishing to do something else, the profession infuses them.

Take Hurricane Katrina for example. It was a disaster of exceptional magnitude and destroyed and area larger than GB. The first responders in that area faced death if they remained on duty and faced uncertainty for the welfare of their families if they were not with them.

51 officers deserted their posts in that episode. Only 3% of the total force. When the water subsided they were fired.

The New Orleans police department has 1406 members. 1345 of them remained on duty risking life and limb, mobs, looting, floodwater infused with sewage and alligators, disease and indifference.

The deserters were not condoned as heroes caring for their families above their job and making the "sensible choice". They were dismissed with out references and blacklisted for abandoning the public trust and humiliating their fellow officers by their actions.

SHTF in the U.S. there will be a police presence even if it is a constable or Justice of The Peace elected as a voluntary servant of the isolated and bedraggled community.

After all, the U.S. gets its concept of law enforcement from the system of Sheriffs and constables that developed during the SHTF of medieval Britain.
1 September 2013, 19:17,
I don't know about senior ranks but I was told a long time ago that your ordinary British bobby is on a 3 year contract, 3 years and then they could become a victim of management cuts and be made redundant, one such said " you cannot plan a career if you are going to be out of a job in 3 years time"! so maybe that might just explain why so many have the attitude they do...or it might just be a sign of the times...and nobody gives a damn about serving the public anymore?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 September 2013, 19:18,
(1 September 2013, 19:07)Midnitemo Wrote:
(1 September 2013, 10:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: We must admit that part of the problem affecting police operational effectiveness is the completely useless judicial system that refuses to imprison women crimals, lets burglars with hundreds of convictions walk free, refuses to prosecute travellers and is terrified of any acusations of racism,The cops are often arresting the same people every week only for the justices, magitrates and CPS to chicken out.

A coppers lot is not a happy one, but it in no way condones why they still take perverse pleasure in arresting home owners and individuals who dare resist burglars and robbers and hurt the criminals.

NR the magic words are" I was in fear for my life " just keep that one popping up in your statement.

oh and make sure there injuries should they be unfortunate enough to suffer some are consistent with them facing you,no blunt trauma to the back of the head or puncture wounds to the back...that was Tony Martins mistake.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
1 September 2013, 19:31,
and no chasing them down the street with a baseball bat! once they have left your house you must stop and desistBig Grin