Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!!
3 September 2013, 12:10,
RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!!
I think I win. I waited for scythe13 got his fire going then knocked him out and stole his fire! Hahaha I'm the true caveman!
3 September 2013, 12:30,
(3 September 2013, 12:10)Mooski88 Wrote: I think I win. I waited for scythe13 got his fire going then knocked him out and stole his fire! Hahaha I'm the true caveman!

Probably not, I'm rushing around (all online) trying to get some stuff sorted out. No time for the fire yet. Had a fire yesterday to burn a little garden rubbish, but that wasn't a fire made the way I wish it was....hand drill :-(
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 September 2013, 12:35,
I have seen some programmes on TV..i think Ray Mears did one that showed how primitive tribes actually carried fire with them!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 September 2013, 12:37,
(3 September 2013, 12:35)bigpaul Wrote: I have seen some programmes on TV..i think Ray Mears did one that showed how primitive tribes actually carried fire with them!

Didn't realise a Zippo was classed as primitive? Big Grin

King Alfreds Cake will burn for ages, that was one way the oldies used to take an ember with them.
4 September 2013, 12:07,
(3 September 2013, 12:35)bigpaul Wrote: I have seen some programmes on TV..i think Ray Mears did one that showed how primitive tribes actually carried fire with them!

I think I saw summit like that in a programme. They would carry a coconut fill it with sand and have a hot coal inside. Portable fire.
12 September 2013, 09:49,
How's everyone getting on with this?
I'll be attempting it this weekend at some point
12 September 2013, 10:34,
i`m planning on having a go this weedend! i wish i tried last weekend before it rained! Smile oh well it`s supposed too be a challenge Smile
12 September 2013, 11:30,
Will be trying this later today. Got some of my stuff ready...well, some of it has been made aerodynamic thanks to chewing puppies! But stuff that can be worked with, will be.
13 September 2013, 00:20, (This post was last modified: 13 September 2013, 00:21 by Mortblanc.)
Did a training camp last weekend and spent the whole weekend building fires as demos and helping novices.

Does that count?

Mostly flint and steel but we did one spindle fire just to prove we could.
13 September 2013, 10:26,
Mortblanc Wrote: Mostly flint and steel but we did one spindle fire just to prove we could.

Did you make all stuff for the spindle yourselves? If so...great work.