Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pros and Cons of military training for preppers
2 September 2013, 12:00,
RE: Pros and Cons of military training for preppers
(2 September 2013, 11:55)Scythe13 Wrote: My question is, as a prepper, does military prepper with military experience give any advantage that a civilian prepper with civilian prepper experiences cannot gain?

He will probably be better at making lists and without a doubt have a superiority complex, but in reality there is no difference.

Ex forces are no different to civvies. Some good some bad.

They do have a higher suicide rate and a lot end up homeless, due to not being able to adapt. These are proven facts.

WaylanderCool
2 September 2013, 12:04,
I know companies in civvy street for example who will always hire ex squaddies ahead of civvies for jobs like HGV driving, Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution, most police forces welcome ex forces, Many large engineering companies love hiring ex sappers. Hotels love ex mil chefs it goes on and on, both our local BT techies are ex signals guys. Many MPs and Ministers are ex military
In civy street from the lowest and most menial jobs like security guards doing twelve hour shift watching building sites up to operational managers of mega companies like BP you find ex forces guys, so like Waylander says the Miliary simply reflect mainstream society.
2 September 2013, 13:04, (This post was last modified: 2 September 2013, 13:06 by Prepper1.)
yes far better imo.
hands down.
superiority complex... no its just just true we are better.
civvies cant wont deal with that fact.

Your programed to be superior not just feel superior so therefore you become superior
As a British soldier your designed to excel.
As a British soldier your designed to win.
As a British soldier we're designed to be the best and we are.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
2 September 2013, 13:09,
(2 September 2013, 13:04)Prepper1 Wrote: Your programed

Pity that program doesn't have a spell checkerWink

WaylanderCool
In superior mode Tongue
2 September 2013, 13:11, (This post was last modified: 2 September 2013, 13:22 by Prepper1.)
Pity your mam kept the afterbirth and not the babyBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinTongueTongueTongue
Only joking no offence meant...SmileSmileSmile

Well being superior aside, like I say I feel ex forces of any kind have an edge for post shtf.

It does entirely depend I suppose on you as a person.

For example in my opinion B.P. as well as a few others and other ex forces on here, have the right attitude and mindset to do what needs to be done after a major shtf event i.e. wrol.

I cant really say for anybody else here because I haven't personally talked to them at length and I dont know their background or skills.

Obviously I'm biased but I firmly believe you get something from any kind of service that you just cant get in civvy street.

Yes you can do mma yes you can shoot yes you can drive a land rover etc..

BUT its hard to explain that there's so much you dont, cant do, that I think is necessary to give you that edge.

I cant really clarify what I think it is, it is I think the whole combined experiences maybe, and the fact you get to overcome most if not all of the things you never even dreamed of doing or thought you could do in the first place.

Again, ex forces will get where I'm coming from but others may not.
2 September 2013, 13:50,
I work for a large uk wide outfit that seems to have a high percentage of ex military on the books , think its because we are reliable, conscientious , problem solvers , will put up with more crap than anybody else , proud and quick to learn . there are many and varied skills to be had in the mob , if you wind up with an ex forces man in your group he could be a gem , even the infantry guy's are multi skilled now more so than my day (options for change 1990)
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 September 2013, 13:52,
Hmmmmm Armageddon is round the corner and I have a choice of joining up with a bunch of veterans or a bunch of civvies to give me the best chance of survival !!!! now who would I go for !!!!
2 September 2013, 13:56,
(2 September 2013, 13:52)NorthernRaider Wrote: Hmmmmm Armageddon is round the corner and I have a choice of joining up with a bunch of veterans or a bunch of civvies to give me the best chance of survival !!!! now who would I go for !!!!

Congratulations on missing the point of the thread entirely. We are not talking about Joe Public. We are talking about preppers.

I wouldn't count preppers as standard civvies, ergo your point although valid, does not apply to this application.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 September 2013, 13:58, (This post was last modified: 2 September 2013, 14:02 by Prepper1.)
If your a prepper you may be more aware than most civvies but still your a civvy.

Sorry if you dont like that, but I can never claim to be a policeman because Ive been arrested before...

BUT civvies are useful.

We'll need somebody to dig latrines...

Being a civvy prepper, with more about you, we'd let you supervise the sheeple civvy you have digging the latrines...

Love you really...

Don't tell your wife I said that...
Theres only one thing that bothers me and that's women...
Angry women, now that's scary...
2 September 2013, 14:11,
I don't doubt there are some non military guys out there with some great skillsets , better than most non sf squaddies but the killer difference is in doing this stuff for real day in day out sometimes with no tangible backup or safety net. some of these guys have lived it for years on end seen and done all manner of stuff operationally(not that that makes a huge difference as people still die training) i guess what i'm saying is there quite often the real deal not theorists or hobbyists.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!