Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pros and Cons of military training for preppers
4 September 2013, 22:05,
RE: Pros and Cons of military training for preppers
(4 September 2013, 21:58)Timelord Wrote: I agree. The military training puts an individual far and above the skill level of 98% of Civvies for the situations where it is appropriate and I think that PSHTF then those military skills may be called upon sooner rather than later. The other 2% of civvies may be quite a surprise to some and should not be underestimated. This is where the military preconditioned mindset can come unstuck if suddenly coming up against an asymmetric unconventional opposition. The chances of this scenario are probably low but an awareness of its possibility and that there will be some few civvies out there who may be an immense asset to any PSHTF group is a wise consideration. The ability to look at situations through non state military tempered eyes can be a valuable "contribution" to a jointly successful path through the mire.
Overall, a broader skill set than just the military route is desirable, although it is unlikely one person can attain enough skills for the longer run.

One of my old co's favourite sayings was "i'd rather outhink the enemy than outfight him" stayed with me and i'd rather do it that way too...as for squadies being overconfident...it's a bad trait but not as common as you think.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!