Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trapping wild pigs.
4 September 2013, 09:44,
RE: trapping wild pigs.
You should have seen the nasty long nosed bastards that plagued Berlin when I was in the army, utterly fearless packs of wild packs of bacon that would charge without hesitation at anyone, They reckon the feral porker problem right across the EU and UK is getting worse, which I consider a plus for us cos they taste great.
4 September 2013, 09:47,
anything that is WILD meat is better for us, it dosent have the hormones and chemical crap that goes into commercially reared meat these days.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 11:40,
I've checked out a few bow hunting sites in the US mortblanc that guide for wild hogs, and even with a bow I would like some one there with a large calibre firearm. To take a wild pig with a spear would be a very last resort for me as the damage they can do it frightening. Many parts of the UK have European wild boar populations and I fear it is only a matter of time before some one comes across a sow with little uns and gets ripped.
4 September 2013, 11:53,
someone walking a dog not far from here came face to face with one, luckily it took one look at the dog and skedaddled! they didn't half rip up the lawn in front of a certain rural pub!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 September 2013, 12:25, (This post was last modified: 4 September 2013, 12:29 by Prepper1.)
We used to kill wild boar and large domestic sows at the slaughter house.
Some of the are HUGE
AND immensely strong...

The captive bolt guns we used on large bulls and stuff hardly touched them, we needed a special heavy cartridge load.

Once, we shot one it staggered backwards a few paces shook its head and carried on as normal...

Best place to have pig of any kind is on a butty....

Dangerous beasts them wild boar...

And I dont know if you saw it but their was a program on discovery about red jacket firearms.
They made a boar gun it fired a huge 45-70 nitro round I do believe.

there not their....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
4 September 2013, 13:02,
got a slaughter house in the town here P1, forget the supermarket(small Co-op in reality) that's where i'm heading post shtf!Tongue
4 September 2013, 13:24, (This post was last modified: 4 September 2013, 13:25 by Prepper1.)
Plenty of knives, meat, blanks and captive bolt stuff to be had in those places, along with wellies, waterproofs, ours even has a .22 rimmy for taking out feral cats...

cleavers, hosepipes etc...

definitely worth a look after b.p. well spotted!!
4 September 2013, 13:39,
(4 September 2013, 13:24)Prepper1 Wrote: Plenty of knives, meat, blanks and captive bolt stuff to be had in those places, along with wellies, waterproofs, ours even has a .22 rimmy for taking out feral cats...

cleavers, hosepipes etc...

definitely worth a look after b.p. well spotted!!

oh, its been on my list for a long time P1! its not something I've just thought of Angel
4 September 2013, 16:27,
To clarify my earlier post, the boar would be in a snare when I killed it with the long bladed spear, no way would I try to sneak up on a loose one and impale it. I would definitely prefer to use the .308, but the thread title did mention trapping.
4 September 2013, 17:07,
Maybe safer to dig a big pit and let them fall in spiked bottom or despatch from above... Just dont fall in with it.....