Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screaming baby
10 September 2013, 13:53, (This post was last modified: 10 September 2013, 14:06 by Prepper1.)
RE: screaming baby
If its on its own put it in a tied up bin or two, it'll be quiet soon enough.

That way problem solved in the most humanitarian way possible, after all there's not many non violent ways to sort the problem out.

It could be dealt with in other ways but the bin bag route would be hard enough to live with as it is.

Because dont forget you have to live with your conscience afterwards...

Believe it or not even ex squaddies have one...somewhere....

No its not a nice thing to do but as others have stated, have you got the correct food, supplies etc...

If the parents are there, well its their problem if anybody comes knocking (see below)

My answer maybe different if I had a baby of my own, I'd probably take it in or share SPARE food with the parents MAYBE, depends how much I had, first priority ALWAYS is to your own first.

along with the above, would you leave that baby on its own if you knew the parents weren't around?
After all we know what sort of people may be around and may do to it.

Would you leave it alone or take it in?

After all baby nappies can be made fairly easily and washed and used again.

They dont really need baby food, chewed up adult food would suffice if necessary with water.

Then again its not your baby.

Hmmm what to do?

If I HAD to do the bin bag thing I could.
would I want to?
No.

Would I take it in?
Maybe, most likely.

Being a father or a parent makes you care, BUT how far and how much to care, after all you've got your own to worry about.

I dont think I could just leave it though, I know what weirdos are about, maybe leaving it would be worse for your conscience?

There could be more abandoned children along the way, I mean for example in greece they've been giving them up to orphanages because they cant afford to feed them.

What happens if you come across more, could you turn your back, how many's enough to help?

could you turn and walk away from a crying child the same as you've got if your a father?

I probably couldn't....damn conscience getting in the way again.

Presuming these scenarios are about truly abandoned kids and not traps, say you saw there parents killed by a falling building or such.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
10 September 2013, 14:15, (This post was last modified: 10 September 2013, 14:16 by bigpaul.)
the trouble with taking in extra mouths, dosent matter if its kids or adults, as we've already said, is that unless you have prepped your food stores to allow for this it will be a drain on your food supplies, maybe one wouldn't be too bad but if you make a habit of it then pretty soon you'll find your food supply is ZERO, what you gonna do then?? I am not prepping to see my family starve.

again, there is the OPSEC angle.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 September 2013, 18:44,
If you were of a mind, ....you could use the crying baby to your advantage,...leave it to cry, anyone around will first be drawn to that noise,... that's the tactical answer
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 September 2013, 18:47,
(10 September 2013, 18:44)Highlander Wrote: If you were of a mind, ....you could use the crying baby to your advantage,...leave it to cry, anyone around will first be drawn to that noise,... that's the tactical answer

Or use it for barter...