Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to secure a trap
6 September 2013, 19:25,
RE: How to secure a trap
(6 September 2013, 12:25)I-K-E Wrote: I've got some of the delta ground anchors but for my tents (not sure if Scythe or SD noticed them but I think I used at the South Wales meet last April)

I've used them in some windy conditions and they worked great and on some of the camping forum you get people who swear by them

I thought they looked odd, but I've had bad experiences with plastic pegs, so didn't pay too much attention to them. That backfired haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 September 2013, 19:35,
(6 September 2013, 19:25)Scythe13 Wrote:
(6 September 2013, 12:25)I-K-E Wrote: I've got some of the delta ground anchors but for my tents (not sure if Scythe or SD noticed them but I think I used at the South Wales meet last April)

I've used them in some windy conditions and they worked great and on some of the camping forum you get people who swear by them

I thought they looked odd, but I've had bad experiences with plastic pegs, so didn't pay too much attention to them. That backfired haha.

I heard of people with tents that have had the tent fail before those pegs come out in very bad extreme type weather
6 September 2013, 20:12,
I think they may be on my shopping list shortly then.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 September 2013, 02:03,
If you're looking for a strong and long lasting peg then consider the type used to secure rabbit fencing. Cheap and very sturdy, although a bit heavy.

http://www.jamesmaediy.com/300mm_Rabbit_...88030.aspx