Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of ditching woodburner
6 September 2013, 19:48, (This post was last modified: 6 September 2013, 19:55 by uks.)
RE: Thinking of ditching woodburner
(6 September 2013, 19:11)BDG Wrote:
(5 September 2013, 21:41)uks Wrote: Its will be a multi fuel cooker. The inglenook is 8 foot by 4 foot plenty of room. Pipes are right beside it so no drilling plumb straight in. Maybe a mod to the flue to fit the old woodburning flue pipe. Do it myself then get it certified.

Are you going to run a heat loss radiator (best off in the bathroom) so should the pump or the power fail the heat has somewhere to go and the hot water can thermosyphon through the system rather than being pumped?

I would run a large pipe up to the bathroom and have this as the first radiator, then work out from there where you want rads. Do you have any other stoves in the house, eg in the living room or dining room?

(6 September 2013, 19:48)uks Wrote:
(6 September 2013, 19:11)BDG Wrote:
(5 September 2013, 21:41)uks Wrote: Its will be a multi fuel cooker. The inglenook is 8 foot by 4 foot plenty of room. Pipes are right beside it so no drilling plumb straight in. Maybe a mod to the flue to fit the old woodburning flue pipe. Do it myself then get it certified.

Are you going to run a heat loss radiator (best off in the bathroom) so should the pump or the power fail the heat has somewhere to go and the hot water can thermosyphon through the system rather than being pumped?

I would run a large pipe up to the bathroom and have this as the first radiator, then work out from there where you want rads. Do you have any other stoves in the house, eg in the living room or dining room?

We have a back up generator that cuts in if we have power failure. The back up power covers the lighting, heating and sockets. The sockets are only for the tv for news updates, computer and for battery charging.
At the moment we have the wood burner to warm pots of things on. Double ring coleman cooker, cadac, gas cooker in the landrover, Dutch oven, clay oven soon to be finished bbq and if really needs be we could bring the caravan out of winter storage and live in that.
Failure is NOT an option