Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlatl
8 September 2013, 12:28,
RE: Atlatl
sounds like its the ideal sort of thing for the open landscape of Dartmoor.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 September 2013, 15:24,
(8 September 2013, 09:57)Nottingham Atlatl Wrote: Hi,
They are definitely a formidable bit of weaponry and greatly underrated! And in the right hands with a bit of practice - pin point accurate over both short and medium/long distances.
I do sell them, and the darts (that's my website up at the top of the thread), but I am more than happy to offer as much help as you need to those who want to make their own! Just drop me a message joe@nottinghamatlatl.com
There is an art to making them, and a big difference between a stick with a spur, and one that has been crafted with skill - saying that, there is also great satisfaction when you launch your own dart from your own atlatl.
For those that don't want to make one from scratch - I do offer kits with everything in them that require minimal work to assemble eg, the atlatl shaft will just require the final sanding and coating, the handle binding or carving, the spur drilling in or binding on - I can custom a package like that for you pretty much to suit any of your needs, at a price that you're happy with. Hope that helps!!
Awesome site by the way - some really great info!
Excellent piece of kit there Mr Atlatl, I'd love to do some experimental Archaeology regarding different points and their penetrative abilities, have you done any research in this field? and if so what are your findings? I'd be very interested to see your darts fitted with Clovis style points. Testing the Atlatl alongside a Palaeolithic bow would be interesting, not from the point of which is better, but rather to understand the environment each is designed for.
8 September 2013, 15:49,
(8 September 2013, 10:33)BeardyMan Wrote: Cheers Joe - I'll be in touch next week, I like the look of the bespoke ones. Not enough time to construct one though, so I'd be after one ready to go!

No problem at all, would it be helpful if I mail you out some of the order forms so you can be looking at options etc? There are sections for doing some rough sketches of shape and style for the atlatl on there - free return postage for you, and if you'd like to register as a member on the website I can send you a loyalty card so you can combine the new customer 20% discount with the members 10% off total price.
Hope that helps!
Joe
8 September 2013, 17:06,
(7 September 2013, 06:10)Tigs Wrote: I remember as a kid in the 70's we used to make throwing arrows and used a boot lace with a knot in it to launch them , the arrows would easily clear a football pitch and cost us nothing

clear a football pitch and hit what lol...another football pitch....guilty to , great fun as a kid.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
8 September 2013, 17:42, (This post was last modified: 8 September 2013, 17:43 by Highlander.)
(8 September 2013, 15:49)Nottingham Atlatl Wrote:
(8 September 2013, 10:33)BeardyMan Wrote: Cheers Joe - I'll be in touch next week, I like the look of the bespoke ones. Not enough time to construct one though, so I'd be after one ready to go!

No problem at all, would it be helpful if I mail you out some of the order forms so you can be looking at options etc? There are sections for doing some rough sketches of shape and style for the atlatl on there - free return postage for you, and if you'd like to register as a member on the website I can send you a loyalty card so you can combine the new customer 20% discount with the members 10% off total price.
Hope that helps!
Joe

I would certain like to look at options, this is not a tool I have looked at before, and not sure how I have missed it in the past,.. so am very interested it looking at it in more depth

I just registered on your site
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 September 2013, 19:18,
(8 September 2013, 17:42)Highlander Wrote:
(8 September 2013, 15:49)Nottingham Atlatl Wrote:

Hope that helps!
Joe

I would certain like to look at options, this is not a tool I have looked at before, and not sure how I have missed it in the past,.. so am very interested it looking at it in more depth

I just registered on your site

Thank you, I have emailed you some more details - I look forward to working with you to make something that suits your needs perfectly!
Cheers,
Joe