Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackout
10 September 2013, 21:03,
RE: Blackout
Got the Oxo Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags from amazon £12.95 for 500, top marks from customer ratings. Rolleyes
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
10 September 2013, 23:31,
(10 September 2013, 11:18)River Song Wrote: One interesting development is that OH no longer thinks I'm a mad bitch, but sees that I "might be onto something".

Cracking bit of news RS. If it was good for nothing else, that result makes it a worthwhile broadcast!

I wonder how much Channel 4 spent on that wee gift for you? Smile

1 October 2013, 21:35,
Resurrected this thread because I just came across a 1978 james burke clip about the loss of electricity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKELMR6wACw

Extract from James Burke's 1978 TV series "Connections". This segment, from Episode 1 "The Trigger Effect", calmly displays challenges when the grid goes out for some significant time.

History repeats itself - has to - they don't listen only this time around
the price has increased
1 October 2013, 23:26,
I enjoyed that,... I wonder how many preppers started at that point,.... and how many people laughed at it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
1 October 2013, 23:46,
Well, put out some feelers. Mentioning the show may be a good way to start. See how it goes and you never now you might ind some new people who you can help and join forces with.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 October 2013, 08:19,
Excellent little clip that puts it very simply and effectively!
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
2 October 2013, 12:11,
(1 October 2013, 23:46)Skean Dhude Wrote: Well, put out some feelers. Mentioning the show may be a good way to start. See how it goes and you never now you might ind some new people who you can help and join forces with.

Exactly what I've been doing. Fascinating finds.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin