Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Police Riot gear
11 September 2013, 20:39,
RE: Police Riot gear
(11 September 2013, 02:01)Mortblanc Wrote: We have the makings of about 5 different threads here.

As for the effect of arrows on Kevlar, there are many tests of almost everything that can be shot at Kevlar so there is no real need to keep professing opinion as fact. The truth is out there, just google it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IM7Bz2vXtY

As for the spread of shotgun pellets; open choke spreads at the rate of 2.5cm per meter traveled. 10m=25cm pattern.

Buckshot, depending on its size (000b/00b) is considered lethal to 50m, slugs to 100. Many over here shoot deer with slugs and kill them out to 100m easily.

Glass and salt are not heavy enough to carry any distance and usually disappear as a puff of dust when they exit the bore. Been there/done that.

A shotgun shell containing 7 1/2 shot can be pried open and glue squirted in. Turns the shot mass into a solid projectile. Works but not consistently.

One can also remove the shot, melt it and pour it into a simple sand mold made by poking a hole in the sand with a stick whittled to bore size. Been there and done that too, long ago in an emergency situation.

I have molds for recasting shot into 12 and 20 bore single round balls. Also have molds for casting buckshot.

We were not talking about penetration of arrows through Kevlar. The Utube video you posted only shows arrows of limited types being fired by only 2 bows and hence of only 2 fixed poundages. The range is unknown and the whole test is as usual as unscientific as it gets. Seeing as you regard us to be "professing opinion as fact", then you must be an authority on the subject, which then surprises me that you post a Utube video to substantiate your claim. If all research was done via Google & Utube, we would be in a very sorry state. Most material things are already tested in this world, so should we not profess about them as it is obviously a waste of time? Thankyou for listing the other data - I do believe it is already out there - probably on google if you look!
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
12 September 2013, 14:10,
RE: Police Riot gear
(11 September 2013, 07:56)River Song Wrote: BM

Returning to the OP, are you in a position to offer
any of the items yet ?

If enough people want to order the gear then I can sort it out. The minimum order from these lot is £250 + VAT + £30 for postage. And to be honest they don't stock a lot of what they used to, there's not much there that I'd order for the store now so I'd end up with a shit load of body armour kicking around. Not normally a huge problem, but with another impending move t's just more stuff to drag around the country with me Sad

So in short, not yet, sorry.