RE: Underestimate at your own risk.
mmmm

Coming back to some of those comments on "blackout"

"My Mobile doesn't work - I'm gonna die"

"Bugger ...... Facebook is down".
11 September 2013, 11:07,
(11 September 2013, 10:58)Lightspeed Wrote:
(10 September 2013, 23:37)Scythe13 Wrote: We're pigeon holing again.

The point is, this concept of SHEEPLE is not only miles from the truth, but it's also a dangerous perception to believe in 100%.
Yep, I couldn't agree more Scythe. Just the term Sheeple is a problem. Although humerous, it carries an implied message that these non-preppers are headless idiots who will simply roll over and die ( literally). This is a dangerous misconception. The human will to survive is strong. Its inate, and not something related to a person's socio-economic position, their intelligence, not their physique.

Belittleing non preppers as Sheeple, severely blind-sides the belittler.

.....if you know what I mean???

Spot on!

I have asked a few mates a question posed by a 'friend' about what would happen if....and they've basically all turned round and said "I'd get some mates, form a group, and f**k things up. Get what we needed and f**k up anything in our way." Pretty much all of 6 guys that I have asked have said the same thing. One even said he would get his dad's shotguns and "Go to town" on anyone they needed (or wanted) to.

Screw facebook and mobile phones. People know they can exist without that crap.

I even asked a security guard I work with whether he could make fire without matches. He accurately described a fire plough, and said he could probably still do it. Turns out his Scout leader was a hardcore survivalist.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 September 2013, 11:18,
(11 September 2013, 11:07)Scythe13 Wrote:
(11 September 2013, 10:58)Lightspeed Wrote:
(10 September 2013, 23:37)Scythe13 Wrote: We're pigeon holing again.

The point is, this concept of SHEEPLE is not only miles from the truth, but it's also a dangerous perception to believe in 100%.
Yep, I couldn't agree more Scythe. Just the term Sheeple is a problem. Although humerous, it carries an implied message that these non-preppers are headless idiots who will simply roll over and die ( literally). This is a dangerous misconception. The human will to survive is strong. Its inate, and not something related to a person's socio-economic position, their intelligence, not their physique.

Belittleing non preppers as Sheeple, severely blind-sides the belittler.

.....if you know what I mean???

Spot on!

I have asked a few mates a question posed by a 'friend' about what would happen if....and they've basically all turned round and said "I'd get some mates, form a group, and f**k things up. Get what we needed and f**k up anything in our way." Pretty much all of 6 guys that I have asked have said the same thing. One even said he would get his dad's shotguns and "Go to town" on anyone they needed (or wanted) to.

Screw facebook and mobile phones. People know they can exist without that crap.

I even asked a security guard I work with whether he could make fire without matches. He accurately described a fire plough, and said he could probably still do it. Turns out his Scout leader was a hardcore survivalist.

This is all relatively straight forward.

So, imagine you're not a prepper - never heard of it.
The shit hits the fan, all hell is breaking loose.

What would you do? Roll over and die, OR beg/steal/borrow/rampage to get what you need to survive??

When I first started prepping I focused solely on weapons, they are quicker and cheaper to amass, take up a lot less room than food stores, and if that's all you have then it gives you the ability to get what you need.
I was single then though, and a bit of a toe-rag, so with a few friends we wouldn't have had much of a problem in our little town getting hold of whatever it was we wanted.

Others will do the same, you have dealers in every town now, with their own network of fiends ready to do whatever they're told to get their next fix...
11 September 2013, 11:26,
Aye people are going to be your biggest threat in the first few weeks imo. Bug in, heads down people.
11 September 2013, 11:32,
(11 September 2013, 11:26)MCavity Wrote: Bug in, heads down people.

Or group together with certain others to ensure your survival...
11 September 2013, 18:15,
(11 September 2013, 11:32)BeardyMan Wrote:

oh no, not groups again!!DodgyDodgyAngry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 September 2013, 22:32,
(11 September 2013, 18:15)bigpaul Wrote:

Don't worry mate, we'll leave you to it...until we get bored. Then we'll loot your stuff haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 September 2013, 09:13,
(11 September 2013, 18:15)bigpaul Wrote: oh no, not groups again!!DodgyDodgyAngry

I wonder whether I can get you to join my group of "love peace and happiness" and we can sit around singing Kumbuya..........Wink
12 September 2013, 09:16,
(12 September 2013, 09:13)River Song Wrote:
(11 September 2013, 18:15)bigpaul Wrote: oh no, not groups again!!DodgyDodgyAngry

I wonder whether I can get you to join my group of "love peace and happiness" and we can sit around singing Kumbuya..........Wink

Nowt wrong with a rousing sing-song of kumbuya!
Good for the fabic of the soul Big Grin
12 September 2013, 09:16, (This post was last modified: 12 September 2013, 09:17 by bigpaul.)
(12 September 2013, 09:13)River Song Wrote:

did all that when we lived in Glastonbury!Big GrinBig Grin I have moved on since then.

(11 September 2013, 22:32)Scythe13 Wrote:
(11 September 2013, 18:15)bigpaul Wrote:

Don't worry mate, we'll leave you to it...until we get bored. Then we'll loot your stuff haha.

gotta find me first!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.