Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulk buying flour
30 October 2013, 19:35,
RE: Bulk buying flour
(15 September 2013, 01:32)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(13 September 2013, 17:46)bigpaul Wrote: weevils don't get into the flour, they are already in the wheat before it ever gets milled, I think freezing just puts them to sleep and they wake up again when its defrosted.

BP, You are right about how they get in but freezing the flour for three days kills them. They get 'put to sleep' all right.

wasn't sure about freezing killing them, a lot of bugs just go to sleep when frozen then wake up when the stuff is defrosted. I assumed weevils were the same. don't think i'd like to take the chance, I still think WHOLE grains are the way to go, that's why they call it "the daily grind"!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 October 2013, 19:49,
You can buy 25 kls wheat grain from Doves farm on the net ...£17 when I bought mine, I split the sack into 5kls maylar bags with oxy absorbers, got these from Fresherpack also on the net ......placed these into plastic dust bins , I have an old corn grinder I refurbed belt driven via a 1934 lister D type engine -.....also grinds rice.....got a victorio hand grinder as backup..........I will post pics. Very soon.
30 October 2013, 20:34,
This year we got whole wheat 200kilo for home milling we also got a http://www.wondermill.co.uk/Wonder-Junio...products/8 the wheat we picked up from a local farmer all dried a lot cheap than you can get online.
Failure is NOT an option
30 October 2013, 21:56,
Look in the world food section of tescos they sell large bags of flour. i don't know much about that kind though. i think its indian Flour
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here