Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True thoughts on TEOTWAWKI
15 September 2013, 17:01,
RE: True thoughts on TEOTWAWKI
BM - your post #31 says ... "From that it sounds like there's not much point prepping then..."

BP - your post #34 ---- "I'm not saying that flooding is 'nothing', eg current floods in Colorado. What I AM saying is that Coastal Flooding is not TEOTWAWKI and I gave my calculations for recovery.

Actually from your later posts, I reckon we are in some measure of agreement, i.e. we prep for TEOTWAWKI and if its anything less, then we are covered, Where we differ is that IMHO, we are more likely to have a need for our preps less than TEOTWAWKI.

My own concern BTW, in coastal flooding is not just because I live in a low lying area. Its because in HMG;s Risk assessment its numbert 2 on the list of likely scenarios (if you believe the government, which in this case I do)

Bless yer hearts
15 September 2013, 17:06,
yeah for sure all round prepping is the way to go because absolutely anything could befall us but we all have localised things that are more likely so you would pay a bit more attention to these threats inparticular.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
15 September 2013, 17:19,
(15 September 2013, 17:01)River Song Wrote: My own concern BTW, in coastal flooding is not just because I live in a low lying area. Its because in HMG;s Risk assessment its numbert 2 on the list of likely scenarios (if you believe the government, which in this case I do)

you still BELIEVE what HMG says?? oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!TongueTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 September 2013, 19:58,
(15 September 2013, 17:19)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 September 2013, 17:01)River Song Wrote: My own concern BTW, in coastal flooding is not just because I live in a low lying area. Its because in HMG;s Risk assessment its numbert 2 on the list of likely scenarios (if you believe the government, which in this case I do)

you still BELIEVE what HMG says?? oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!TongueTongue

Oh You born again cynic you! Big Grin

I've no reason to doubt the assessment.
16 September 2013, 09:29,
I don't believe anything ANY government says-never mind which party is in power-their all a load of liars and con men, and are only there to feather their own nests, they do not care about the man in the street and most of them have no idea how "the other half lives". so most of the time I take no notice of govt, I check what their doing, but as SD would say we cant actually do anything about it-outside the ballot box- so we take note and prep accordingly.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 September 2013, 09:48,
BP -

Fair enough but let me ask a simple question.

You say "I don't believe anything ANY government says".
If you assume that they NEVER tell the truth, then logically they must always lie.
(If you have 'A' you do not have "non-A")

Now let as assume that one day, they actually tell the truth on a particular item.
If you work in your own assumption that they always lie, then in this instance,
you are going to be disadvantaged..

But there you go ..... knock yerself out ...

Personally, I understand the difference between politics, spin, and raw data.
I can discern the difference in what comes out of government.
I do not believe in conspiracy theories. (More likely to be a giant cock-up)

Coming back to my original point, HMG has defined a number of scenarios that could
lead to a civil emergency and I have noted these in my previous posts.

Pandemic Flu
Coastal Flooding
Catastrophic Terrorist Attack
Severe effusive (gas-rich) volcanic eruptions abroad
Severe Wildfires

In that order. I've got NO reason to dis-believe and fits my own analysis

Have a great Monday
16 September 2013, 09:58,
suit yourself, personally I believe NOTHING that comes out of a politicians mouth! and so far I haven't been proved wrong, normally what they say you can usually believe the opposite!Big GrinBig Grin
16 September 2013, 12:53,
I'm not big on the government and for the most part they are individually chancers and opportunists but collectively and most of the time i think they are trying to do right by the proletariat , sometimes they are misguided sometimes innept but mostly there trying...they just come from another lifestyle/class that we didn't luck into...bummer!!!! they are out of touch thats what handicaps them.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!