Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Iphone - fingerprints
15 September 2013, 08:36,
New Iphone - fingerprints
I have been told that the fingerprint reader that Apple plan to use or are using on the Iphone could easily be accessed by the security services to add names and fingerprints to their database. I understand also that they can already access photos on a smart phone or "cloud" and apply face recognition software.
Has anyone else heard this?
15 September 2013, 08:39,
RE: New Iphone - fingerprints
Famous last words .....

Si ergo nihil occultans, nihil timere

That will keep you going on a Sunday Morning.
15 September 2013, 08:57,
Any chance of a translation?
15 September 2013, 09:17,
If, therefore, there is nothing to hide, nothing to fear

Mongrel
15 September 2013, 09:28,
"if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear" is the mantra used by all governments intent on robbing you of your freedoms. Luckily the antidote is easily available, lampposts and piano wire.
15 September 2013, 09:47,
You may think you have nothing to fear but sure as hell they will find some way of using it against you.
Just remember the chap recently featured on BBC Rough Justice who gave his mate a lift to look for his missing girlfriend and ended up jailed for helping to hide the body. I bet he thought he had nothing to fear.
15 September 2013, 13:43,
I DID say ..... "Famous last words" :-)
15 September 2013, 18:41,
I for one wouldn't trust Apple, Google, etc. with anything I wanted to keep secret. That includes my fingerprints. How easily people are suckered into giving away their data.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 October 2013, 16:22,
I think if you have things you want to keep private don't put them on the web for people to find. It's well known they build back doors into this stuff to gain access. Use pen and paper or just print off info and pictures rather than use to cloud etc
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles