Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mullvad VPN system for my laptop
17 September 2013, 10:36,
Mullvad VPN system for my laptop
Hello, I have recently set up a VPN system for my laptop, and was wondering if anyone was doing anything similiar. This means that now all my web activity goes through a European company, so the IP address that gets dragged all over the internet when I search and make requests is that of Mullvad, and not my own. Doing what we do now, as well as being politically aware and awake (being outside of the matrix if you will) may be ok now, but we live in a democratic society.

Who knows who will be in power 10-20 years from now? I don't want them to build a dossier all about me as they are now. It recently came out that GCHQ (Our version of the NSA) frequently intercepts web searches, and catalogues them.) I found that very disturbing.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
17 September 2013, 14:15,
RE: Mullvad VPN system for my laptop
Mullvad is based in Sweden and claim to keep no logs

Any useage shows a Swedish IP. Interesting is that if you just type "Google" in the URL bar
you get taken to Google Sverige.

At $5 per month its a good deal.

If you really want a multilayered approach then run up Mullvad to make yourself swedish and then run up the LATEST version of Tor Browser - that will do the trick
17 September 2013, 14:22,
RE: Mullvad VPN system for my laptop
I Hope my lack of Paranoia about such things doesn't bite me in the ass one day...but even if i were being watched i'm not doing anything i shouldn't be....and i should say even if i was worried i'm so computer innept i wouldn't have a clue.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!