Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
budget aquaponics :D
19 September 2013, 09:02,
budget aquaponics :D
just seen this on a facebook group im on and thought it could be usefull Big Grin

https://www.engineeringforchange.org/new...ystem.html

hopefully ill be able to get set up over winter and start growing some good stuff next summer Big Grin
Winter is coming
19 September 2013, 09:50,
RE: budget aquaponics :D
I keep fish in a 3 foot tank and daily water my plants with the tank water replacing the water in the tank with fresh.
same thing but manual.

I was looking at the pump system but then I thought what if the leccys off?
Wont work so I'm sticking to the manual hand version for now unless I can get a solar pump.

But I never have much luck with solar it always seems to break or not work anywhere near as good as it says it does...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
19 September 2013, 11:06,
P1, Now is the time to perseverewith the solar pump. When your system gets larger you woon't be able to spend the time necessary and a 3 foot tank won't generate enough veg. I am looking at the same problem with a 4 foot tank.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 September 2013, 17:04,
Its the room really, and the weight.
Dont forget if you have large fish tanks that water can weigh a lot.
I just recently had a tank that was upwards of 600 pounds when full.
And dont forget thats concentrated as well on the footprint area of your tank base, make sure your floor can take the weight.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
28 September 2013, 19:20, (This post was last modified: 28 September 2013, 19:33 by Hex.)
well ive just started my build, im going with a different plan but similar to the one in the link.

so i picked up a couple of under bed storage containers which are the ideal size for my build (£3.99 each) and ive just finished building a bell syphon into one of them (made from 21 and 40mm pvc tubing). currently very happy with the bell syphon as i was expecting it to be a much harder build. but after a couple of tweaks its emptying nicely in around 30-45 seconds Big Grin

P1 ive been considering that lack of electricity at some point could be an issue, which is why im looking at a solar panel set up Smile it will mean an initial outlay of a couple of hundred but will also mean that should the power go out ill have a small back up supply Smile
Winter is coming