Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle Concealment
19 September 2013, 13:00,
RE: Vehicle Concealment
(19 September 2013, 12:43)bigpaul Wrote: the best use of a vehicle post SHTF, IMO, is to use to block access to your area or BOL, there wont be much fuel about if any, and the roads probably wont be useable either.

My thoughts too BP.

Vehicle to BOL, then use it to block access. If poss recovering and storeing as much remaining fuel as possible, along with battery, alternator and any useful wiring / connectors etc,
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

19 September 2013, 13:22,
I had only a couple of thoughts on this Scythe:

1 As NR so often said, with camo, think about Shape, Shine, Shadow and Silhouette,
2 Maybe the best place to hide a car is in a car park...

19 September 2013, 13:25,
(19 September 2013, 13:22)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: I had only a couple of thoughts on this Scythe:

1 As NR so often said, with camo, think about Shape, Shine, Shadow and Silhouette,

or at the back of a barn..lots of things get covered up in barns!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 September 2013, 13:25, (This post was last modified: 19 September 2013, 13:26 by Lightspeed.)
Staying on track...

best way to conceal a car is to park up out of sight in a garage or barn.

Failing that as per GG's suggestion, hide it in plain sight.

(19 September 2013, 13:25)bigpaul Wrote:
(19 September 2013, 13:22)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: I had only a couple of thoughts on this Scythe:

or at the back of a barn..lots of things get covered up in barns!Big Grin

Ha ha great minds......................
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

19 September 2013, 14:11,
Post SHTF, people will be smashing up stuff in carparks. I know that because I'd be doing that before I became a prepper. Check the cars, then burn them out. So a carpark wouldn't be any good. Also, a carpark is a great way to get your car looted, battery robbed, and fuel siphoned.

Also, considering we're worried about looters and maintaining a low profile, I think a carpark is probably one of the more open places to be in. Unless it's underground or multi-story, neither of which I would have near to where I'd be looking to be post SHTF. Infact, those kinds of carparks are usually city based. A country carpark is going to just be a flat open area of land. VERY UNSAFE, in my opinion.

NR did give some good advice on many things, but I don't think this was one of those times.

Maybe parked along a busy residential road with loads of other cars, but again that's not where I'd be planning to bug out to.

More inclined to do as BP says, drive out the way, then use it to block entry. I'd still rather have it hidden, so am thinking of moving it into place, parking up, hiding it, and taking a couple of spark plugs, or something like that, to make it near impossible to hotwire.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 September 2013, 14:16,
if the shtf why not just paint your car , white for snow , dpm for woods ect.
it not as if the cops are going to pull you over .
Survive the jive (youtube )
19 September 2013, 14:17,
we do love our cars don't we? post SHTF within 24-36 hours the petrol stations will be empty, the supermarket shelves will be stripped, the fuel protests showed us that, unless we've all got to our BOL's I don't think any of us are going anywhere-fast.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 September 2013, 14:21,
if you could get a tranny in the woods , better than a tent , more secure long lasting .
Survive the jive (youtube )
19 September 2013, 14:24,
what are you doing with a transvestite in the woods Sunna??Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
19 September 2013, 14:25,
(19 September 2013, 14:24)bigpaul Wrote: what are you doing with a transvestite in the woods Sunna??Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Same thing you'd do with one BP haha.

Curious now what you mean by a Tranny Sunna. To me that means BP's translation, or a Trangia cook set.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin