Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle Concealment
19 September 2013, 14:28,
RE: Vehicle Concealment
(19 September 2013, 14:25)Scythe13 Wrote:
(19 September 2013, 14:24)bigpaul Wrote: what are you doing with a transvestite in the woods Sunna??Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Same thing you'd do with one BP haha.

Curious now what you mean by a Tranny Sunna. To me that means BP's translation, or a Trangia cook set.

i'm assuming a TRANSIT van, again concealment would be an issue!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 September 2013, 14:29,
keeping warm,you have got to have something to do[or do you ] on those cold winter nights Rolleyes
Survive the jive (youtube )
19 September 2013, 14:39,
Transit van, that makes sense. Or a VW Transporter.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 September 2013, 14:48,
I saw an old lorry the other day, had a hooped canvas cover over the back, looked like a motorised version of the old American "covered wagon"!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 September 2013, 15:12,
(19 September 2013, 14:11)Scythe13 Wrote: NR did give some good advice on many things, but I don't think this was one of those times.

Sorry Scythe, I wasn't very clear, was I? NR's advice was the military mantra for camming up a vehicle, or anything else - my contribution about carparks was meant to be tongue-in-cheek...

19 September 2013, 16:02,
GG, It may have been tongue in cheek but it was a viable option and effective too.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 September 2013, 16:08,
After a bit of scrounging through the local pharmacies for supply of the life sustaining meds I require, and no one else will want, my vehicles will remain parked in the drive, just like the millions of other vehicles in my part of the world.

If you live in a suburban or rural area the presence of vehicles is not going to draw attention any more than the presence of any other normal item.

Absence of vehicles in the drive would draw attention to my location. In my part of the world people are not looking for other people to rob, they will be looking for abandoned places with no people. You go poking around someone's house and you are going to get killed.

My vehicle tanks are kept at 1/2 full always. That is 70-100 liters of fuel I need for running the tractor, tilling the garden, cutting wood and occasional use of the generator. That much should last me for the first year.

If things are not back to normal after a year the vehicles are a treasure trove of raw materials for other life sustaining uses. Carpets, seat cover fabric, glass, wiring, led 12v bulbs, alternators for power systems, batteries for the solar system, heat treated metals for tools, tire tread for shoe soles, sheet metal for arrowheads. A nice transit van would make an excellent chicken house!

Attempts to camo my vehicles under tarps and nets would draw more attention than the vehicles themselves.
19 September 2013, 17:56,
This post has got me thinking about long term transport after the shit has settled a bit....as a biker it was always going to be a bike and i really fancied a diesel one but the yanks are taking forever with there mil spec oil burner based on a 650 kawasaki and the german handbuilt sommer based on an indian royal enfield with a static diesel motor in it is to dear at 7500euro's so i think i'm going to have to fashion my own....honda cg125 with some mods i'm thinking purely on economy ease of use and simple maintainence grounds. both my current bikes are to big unwieldy and uneconomical at about 50mpg
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
19 September 2013, 18:14, (This post was last modified: 19 September 2013, 18:34 by Prepper1.)
[Image: grass-covered-car-camouflage.jpg]

I. Thou shalt not park thy helicopter in the open, for it bringeth the rain of steel.

II. Thou shalt not expose thy shiny mess gear, for it bringeth unwanted guests to chow.

III. Thou shalt not wear white T-shirts, or thine enemies will dye them red.

IV. Thou shalt provide overhead concealment, for thine enemies' eyes are upon thee.

V. Thou shalt cover thy tall antenna, for fly swatters groweth not in yon wood.

VI. Thou shalt use a red lens on thy flashlight, or it shall appear as a star in the East.

VII. Thou shalt cover the glass on thy vehicle, for the glare telleth thine enemy thy location.

VIII. Thou shalt blend with thy surroundings, for trees groweth not in yon desert.

IX. Thou shalt cover the tracks of thy vehicle, for they draweth pretty pictures.

X. Thou shalt cover thy face, hands, and helmet, for thine enemies maketh war not on bushes.

XI. Thou shalt not drape thy net on thy tent, for it looketh like tent draped in net.

XII. Thou shalt hide the wires of thy commo, for they pointeth to thee.

XIII. Thou shalt practice the art of dispersion, or one round will finish you all.

XIV. Thou shalt pick up thy trash and litter, for they exposeth thy presence.

XV. Thou shalt conceal the noise of thy generator, for thine enemies are listening.

[Image: camouflage-car.jpg]

how NOT to cammo your vehicle...
[Image: ogcamnet.jpg]

well unless you want to get shot at...

Agian dont bother...
[Image: bv-206d-camo.jpg]
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
19 September 2013, 19:32,
Those last two photos shows what I was saying about not having the cam net touching the vehicle [still looks like a vehicle],.. about covering all glass with something like hessian,.... remembering the wheels, or in this case the tracks,... and think about the background color, you need to match it
A major part of survival is invisibility.