Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shtf candle
15 December 2011, 16:40, (This post was last modified: 15 December 2011, 16:40 by Nemesis.)
Shtf candle
[Image: mh377l.jpg]

[Image: vec2rm.jpg]

[Image: izwcig.jpg]

[Image: 29s7mc.jpg]

[Image: b9c1md.jpg]

[Image: 5lqamg.jpg]

[Image: 156tpnm.jpg]

[Image: 156tpnm.jpg]

[Image: jkf4mv.jpg]

[Image: wb9icz.jpg]

or

[Image: auwrjo.jpg]

Filter your old used oil and it gets second use.
15 December 2011, 16:54,
RE: Shtf candle
Very impressive. Thanks for the pictures which means even an idjit like me can make one.

Very nice looking and practical too.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 December 2011, 20:01,
Nice one thanks, good pics and Rapeseed oil is a good one to store anyway for every day use, it's an oil that can be heated to a higher temperature when cooking then others with out the molecular structure changing, that causes free radicals in your body and there bad.
16 December 2011, 09:03, (This post was last modified: 16 December 2011, 09:14 by Nemesis.)
With the price of candles these don't have to be used for shtf I use them all the time.
I did make a video the other night.

17 December 2011, 12:49, (This post was last modified: 17 December 2011, 13:07 by mikebratcher69.)
Hey hey hey you sound like Lofty weisman on the video... Giz you autograph....
Another excellent idea, thanks.
Just a couple of questions though if you have the time...
Would you compare the light to a tea light say? and what sort of burn time would you get from the jar in the video. thanks.
I especialy like the idea because it uses a freeby oil.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
17 December 2011, 13:12,
Thanks for that vid' W&C.

A friend of mine made some last year, he wrapped the lids in tin foil to reflect more light from the flame.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

17 December 2011, 16:34, (This post was last modified: 17 December 2011, 16:41 by Nemesis.)
(17 December 2011, 12:49)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Hey hey hey you sound like Lofty weisman on the video... Giz you autograph....
Another excellent idea, thanks.
Just a couple of questions though if you have the time...
Would you compare the light to a tea light say? and what sort of burn time would you get from the jar in the video. thanks.
I especialy like the idea because it uses a freeby oil.

They own tea lights, and don't forget the higher the wick the more flame but to high and they give off a black smoke.

How long I have never really tested how long because I could have one burning 8 hours then blow out go bed to refill next day even though it still has lot of oil in the jar, so I have yet to empty one.

At 3pm today 17/12/2011 I lit a tea light and a shtf candle, I will run this test until the candle is dry.

[Image: nAJfj4WlqkSV9ioJwbqtUD4j.jpg]

(17 December 2011, 13:12)Reality Jones Wrote: Thanks for that vid' W&C.

A friend of mine made some last year, he wrapped the lids in tin foil to reflect more light from the flame.

I never really thought of upgrading these as they were good enough, but now you get me thinking light reflector now, equal less candles save fuel, post shtf.
17 December 2011, 22:02,
Was out so did not note time the tea light stopped I think its a 4 hour one, anyway so far 6 hours in.

[Image: 4qrt3o7wVEPAA4NFRw3d474Q.jpg]
17 December 2011, 22:40,
Thanks for running the test.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
17 December 2011, 23:24,
(17 December 2011, 22:40)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Thanks for running the test.

I like doing them, 10:15pm and had to raise wick for the first time.