Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying Land
22 September 2013, 14:45, (This post was last modified: 22 September 2013, 14:47 by Midnitemo.)
RE: Buying Land
(22 September 2013, 14:41)bigpaul Wrote:
(22 September 2013, 14:34)Sunna Wrote:
(22 September 2013, 14:02)Sunna Wrote: so if your wife was dieing of hunger/illness you wouldnt go and take if you had to.
dont answer this here start a new thread .

answer please bp

I wouldn't KILL to do it.

I don't think anybody knows til there in that situation , everybody wants to do the right propper and decent thing hypothetically.

Just have to hope and pray were never in that predicament.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 September 2013, 14:49,
yes iv noticed , what i wanted to do was get some land put some chickens/goats and crops on it so you have to be their every day .
then a storage shed with wood burner for tea/heat ect ,but sleep in a van at night and hopefully the council will leave you be and you can start to sleep their now and again at fist building it up on the sly.
if it goes wrong your down a lot of cash and nowhers to live .
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 September 2013, 14:55,
I don't think the land would be a total waste of money if it didn't work out for you....people are always looking to rent land for grazing , small holdings , hobbies....i reckon most any eice of land you can find a tennant for and keep it long enough and it will go up in value.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 September 2013, 20:06,
(20 September 2013, 19:42)Sunna Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:49)Lightspeed Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:43)bigpaul Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:41)Lightspeed Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:22)Sunna Wrote: if the shtf why camp just take over a empty home/farm if not empty judge weather its worth fighting for if not move on untill you find what you want

So you are fully planning to attack and kill to get what you want Sunna?

This is valid survivalist prepping strategy of course. But to displace people from their home in these circumstances you will either murder them in the process, or condem them to death living in the wild with no provisions ( for you will have taken them over, most notably their shelter)

Serious question: On what basis will you judge if something is worth fighting for?

unless they are already dead of course?? or the place has been empty for years!

Yes, if its abandoned, its fair game BP

I'm interested in the thought process of selecting a property to take over from its current occupants.

This will happen, for sure. I expect to be in the occupant position, so I'd like to understand what might make me look a soft target? ..Then I'll prepare against it :-)

please take this the right way, you should already know a place/s you should of already know who lives their how weak/strong they are what they have and have a plan to get them out .
thats prepping.
i dont plan to just go from house to house till i find what i want, i already know who what and where .

Thanks for your candid reply Summa.

It doesn;t sit too comfortably with me but its a situation that needs to be taken consideration of by any land owners planning to bug in.

This just reinforces the need for opsec. Low profile is the best policy I think.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 September 2013, 15:33,
When I was growing up we lived in Fairfax County, VA, which in the 1950s was still rural.

When the I495 beltway was completed in 1961 all hell of development broke loose and now Fairfax County is a diverse urban county of 1 million population in 400 square miles.

When I got out of the military I worked for various "beltway bandit" defense contractors for 14 years, then finally took a safety engineering QA type job in local government, where I stayed for 24 years until my age + years of service equaled 85 and I was forced to retire.

My father was born in Martinsburg, WV and had a small piece of mountain property overlooking the Back Creek Valley, where in 1976 he built a weekend and vacation cottage away from the city, where I now live.

The best Bugout Location is to live there, no go there. Move outside the Moderate Damage Radius, build your new community and get to know your neighbors.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA