Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying Land
20 September 2013, 18:26,
RE: Buying Land
Different people with different ideas,.. nothing more nothing less
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 September 2013, 19:42,
(20 September 2013, 11:49)Lightspeed Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:43)bigpaul Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:41)Lightspeed Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:22)Sunna Wrote: if the shtf why camp just take over a empty home/farm if not empty judge weather its worth fighting for if not move on untill you find what you want

So you are fully planning to attack and kill to get what you want Sunna?

This is valid survivalist prepping strategy of course. But to displace people from their home in these circumstances you will either murder them in the process, or condem them to death living in the wild with no provisions ( for you will have taken them over, most notably their shelter)

Serious question: On what basis will you judge if something is worth fighting for?

unless they are already dead of course?? or the place has been empty for years!

Yes, if its abandoned, its fair game BP

I'm interested in the thought process of selecting a property to take over from its current occupants.

This will happen, for sure. I expect to be in the occupant position, so I'd like to understand what might make me look a soft target? ..Then I'll prepare against it :-)

please take this the right way, you should already know a place/s you should of already know who lives their how weak/strong they are what they have and have a plan to get them out .
thats prepping.
i dont plan to just go from house to house till i find what i want, i already know who what and where .
Survive the jive (youtube )
21 September 2013, 08:54,
my own BOL is empty so not so much the who,i know where it is, more a case of WHEN!as in when TSHTF!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 September 2013, 11:36,
Thank you all for your very informative responses, given me a lot to think about and research, much appreciated Smile

LAC
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
21 September 2013, 15:15,
(20 September 2013, 19:42)Sunna Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:49)Lightspeed Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:43)bigpaul Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:41)Lightspeed Wrote:
(20 September 2013, 11:22)Sunna Wrote: if the shtf why camp just take over a empty home/farm if not empty judge weather its worth fighting for if not move on untill you find what you want

So you are fully planning to attack and kill to get what you want Sunna?

This is valid survivalist prepping strategy of course. But to displace people from their home in these circumstances you will either murder them in the process, or condem them to death living in the wild with no provisions ( for you will have taken them over, most notably their shelter)

Serious question: On what basis will you judge if something is worth fighting for?

unless they are already dead of course?? or the place has been empty for years!

Yes, if its abandoned, its fair game BP

I'm interested in the thought process of selecting a property to take over from its current occupants.

This will happen, for sure. I expect to be in the occupant position, so I'd like to understand what might make me look a soft target? ..Then I'll prepare against it :-)

please take this the right way, you should already know a place/s you should of already know who lives their how weak/strong they are what they have and have a plan to get them out .
thats prepping.
i dont plan to just go from house to house till i find what i want, i already know who what and where .

How are we to take premeditated intent to commit murder, but turning someone out of their home in a crisis, the RIGHT WAY?

or refer to it as "prepping"

and then maintain a position that "Prepping" is NOT part of a lunatic fringe movement?

And this is not just different people with different opinions!
21 September 2013, 15:29,
this is a long way from the original thread, but there will be plenty of people out there post collapse who will want what we have and will fight to obtain it, should we lower ourselves to their(gutter) level? or should we rise above it and try to be better than them? I think I know what my answer would be, but each to his/her own.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 September 2013, 16:59,
(21 September 2013, 15:15)Mortblanc Wrote: How are we to take premeditated intent to commit murder, but turning someone out of their home in a crisis, the RIGHT WAY?

or refer to it as "prepping"

and then maintain a position that "Prepping" is NOT part of a lunatic fringe movement?

And this is not just different people with different opinions!

Its not often I agree with you MB,.. but on this I do.

First of all I dont mine fighting for what is mine if its at risk of being lost, but to turf someone else out is no better that the `Clearances` that happened up here.

Secondly there will always be a risk in doing so, no matter how small,... and thirdly a prepper should have set himself up to survive without reverting to that

In fact I would go as far as to say to Sunna, that you are not a prepper at all, all you are is someone who is helping to have us look like nutcases
A major part of survival is invisibility.
22 September 2013, 09:21,
(20 September 2013, 19:42)Sunna Wrote: i dont plan to just go from house to house till i find what i want, i already know who what and where .

People like you give people like me a bad name.
22 September 2013, 09:56,
If an event were to take place right this second i can't guarantee that i wouldn't go and take what i needed by force right now, it's not what i want to do but the animal instinct to survive and provide for your own is strong, its not my aim to do it this way but currently i'm far from ready and i reckon i would do whatever it takes to achieve my aims, i don't like the mindset of planning to dominate, take or kill somebody as a long term strategy it doesn't sit well with me but i understand it and i'm ready to meet it with extreme force should it come my way.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 September 2013, 13:49,
(22 September 2013, 09:56)Midnitemo Wrote: If an event were to take place right this second i can't guarantee that i wouldn't go and take what i needed by force right now, it's not what i want to do but the animal instinct to survive and provide for your own is strong, its not my aim to do it this way but currently i'm far from ready and i reckon i would do whatever it takes to achieve my aims, i don't like the mindset of planning to dominate, take or kill somebody as a long term strategy it doesn't sit well with me but i understand it and i'm ready to meet it with extreme force should it come my way.

couldent of put it better myself, when push comes to shove what would you do or how far would you go.....no eazy answer is their , iv only said what a lot of folk think but wont say .... this would make a great thread but not from me ...
Survive the jive (youtube )