Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Panic Mr Mainwaring - The Antibiotics don't work.
2 May 2014, 10:06,
RE: Don't Panic Mr Mainwaring - The Antibiotics don't work.
sorry guys, just had to throw that one out there,

makes you think tho don't it?

i don't think by living a sterile life its irresponsible, its more of a prep than anything, its free, and it gives you a head start with immunity post SHTF.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
2 May 2014, 10:11,
http://www.anapsid.org/tooclean.html

http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcas...-11-04-06/

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/it-pos...f1C6345427

http://www.futurity.org/being-too-clean-...ne-system/

Turns out that being too clean really can screw you over in the long run.

Obviously there are certain times when being clean is important, e.g. prepping food, medical help, sexual times, etc.

But for everyday living, too clean would actually be considered a negative prep.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 May 2014, 10:40,
my point exactly,

by not being "sterile" most of the time, i might just have a head start post event, i may well have natural immunity to things through a little exposure over a long time,

those who have avoided germs completely may suffer through diminished immunity?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
2 May 2014, 11:32,
(2 May 2014, 10:40)Binnie Wrote: those who have avoided germs completely may suffer through diminished immunity?

Exactly.

If someone wants to be squeeky clean, that's cool. I've no complaint and each and every to their own. If that's the route someone wants to go down, more power to them. However, for myself, I'm going down a different route. With the amount of time I spend in the woods and out and about, being super clean, or even half way sanitary, is a stuggle haha.
2 May 2014, 13:44,
I've never agreed with some that post SHTF you have to be "clinically" clean, to the extent of using gallons and gallons of chemicals, I think in a lot of cases that will be impossible all of the time, and a certain amount of natural immunity will be needed which will be impossible if we are swamping everything with chemicals. however a certain amount of personal cleanliness will be needed to stave off disease and illness especially if we haven't got access to modern medicines.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 May 2014, 13:53,
in my work i have often done home delivery, most of us are clean,house proud ect, but every now and again you go to a home with , dog/cat shit all through the house , sink full of dishes, people who smell ,their kids playing in dirt and filth.

their alive and kicking [ or stinking]

also their almost always offer you a cupper...Huh
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 May 2014, 08:47,
https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blogs/hea...00714.html

Just out on yahoo news....what we already knew.
10 May 2014, 09:59,
Any Medic will tell you that there is a difference between 'sterile' and 'clean'.

My daughter has had a particularly nasty lung complaint which necessitated in her early teenage years, to be treated at Papworth Hospital's CF Unit. Hospitalizations every 6 - 8 weeks

In order to make life bearable, she was trained in how to give herself he own IV.
Long Lines, Bags, Flushing, Anti-Coagulants, Antibiotics, etc etc

In all this she was trained in a 'clean' process not a 'sterile' process.

Once when she had to visit a local hospital to get a new line put in, they were amazed
that a 14 year old girl was handling her own IV's and although they preferred 'sterile', they understood
clinical 'clean'.

In this discussion I feel that a false dichotomy has been set up between 'sterile' (with lots of chemical) and
not showering for a week aka disgustingly smelly.

Just be sensible.
10 May 2014, 12:05,
if their worried about this now , what will it be like in 10yrs time[when beleve it or not ill be 10 yrs older]...Huh
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 May 2014, 20:01,
You don't have to be sterile, but keeping hands washed after handling mucky or dubious materials will help. Also trying to contain colds or flu viruses by using tissues and suchlike. Just basic cleanliness really. To be honest, if a "bug" is really determined to get you it will, and you can't fight viruses off at all times.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.