Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TU When Travelling
22 September 2013, 16:19,
RE: TU When Travelling
i have bought generic multitools and copy swiss army knives for less tha 5 euro's and they were perfectly servicable but not worth the expense hassle or time to seek out a post office, so i just put them in the bin at the airport....never had to go without as theres alway's a garage/tabac or giftshop selling what you want.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
23 September 2013, 08:04, (This post was last modified: 23 September 2013, 08:04 by Lightspeed.)
RE: TU When Travelling
Scandinavia? Nice holiday i hope yoiu enjoy it.

What to take, depends on your assesment of risk at the time of travelling. Bothin countries being visited and worldwide.

Sensible everyday preps I take with me are Multi-tool/ knife, Compass, emergency medical kit, day bag type ruck sack. Spare spectacles if you wear them.

For scandinavia at this time of year I'd also take thermal jacket. thermal under-layer, walking boots, Thick walking socks, gloves and hat.

Carry a good sized was of either Euros or USD to buy your way out of trouble wherever you are. USD is still a universal currency. I've been able to get good rates of conversion in some of the most unlikely places. I'd suggest carrying 4x to 10x return travel cost. If you have to get out of somewhere in a hurry, the only possible way to beat big queues will be to throw money at the problem. If you don't use it, just change it back to GBP when you get home and that the exchange lsses as the cost of insurance.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580