superbug - could kill 80,000
6 April 2015, 19:13,
superbug - could kill 80,000
government fear superbug that our meds wont stop

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/n...80000.html
Survive the jive (youtube )
7 April 2015, 11:05,
RE: superbug - could kill 80,000
according to the Express this morning up to 200,000 people could be "affected".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2015, 11:54,
This story is just a lot of if's, maybes, could etc....
7 April 2015, 16:28,
yep, they put a 20 year expectation on that one.

Meaning that in 20 years this bug might be responsible for loss of almost as many lives as either smoking or overeating or excess alcohol takes today. And all those things can be prevented.
7 April 2015, 19:31,
I must say I'm getting a bit bored with all these "if" reports that the press and media keep churning out. It may sound a lot, but in the scheme of things and bearing in mind the number of people on this earth, 200,000 is not that many! I found the reports about the outbreaks of chicken flu and all the other stuff more annoying than frightening (as if I would sleep with my hens!). It seems that the Press are running a "let's scare the punters" scam at the moment. Yawn! I find my goldfish more alarming.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
7 April 2015, 21:04,
We can help you spice things up with the goldfish Mary. They have their worries too.

http://www.nist.gov/mml/bmd/fishflu-110811.cfm
7 April 2015, 22:35,
well lets face it, they need to fill our heads with some sort of rubbish, to keep us in fear ...and something for the general public to chat about in work ...and the pub...if your lucky enough to still have a pub that is.... OR is it more than that ? or could it be that this rubbish they churn out is to distract us to what really is going on in plain sight....it must be a great benefit when you own and control main media and mould and manipulate the public,s perception of everything and anything and us the suckers just lap it up...the only release being the alternative media ..internet...they already own that ...but what a tool for even more control, the only reason they allow sites to question their actions is ....it feeds their need for more imformation and keep a close eye on anyone they like, so for all the good things the web has brought us...there is a dark bad side....don,t take my word....ask eddy snowden.
21 April 2017, 15:36,
I do hope nobody minds me bumping some of these older threads.
My research on the 1918/19 flu pandemic shows that America had in excess of 600,000 deaths and the UK over 400,000 deaths.
It is reasonable to therefor suggest that if a similar pandemic, particularly of H5N1 bird influenza should occur the death rate will be greater in both countries purely due to our larger populations and that with quicker travel it will spread faster. If either Sars or Ebola should break out and become of pandemic proportions you will see similar high death rates.
Most Scientists researching avian flu believe its not a matter of IF but When it happens.
With that flu pandemic most people died not from the flu, but the pneumonia that followed quickly behind the flu.
The flu had compromised the immune system of each patient, so that it was unable to fight off the pneumonia.