Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm positive that you're negative
25 September 2013, 20:51,
RE: I'm positive that you're negative
(25 September 2013, 10:23)Scythe13 Wrote: Good that you've already addressed these issues mate.

The wife and I have very similar strategies. Once in a blue moon I'll have a bad day, but after that, right as rain, energy and motivation of the group. Same with her, when she has her B moments, I say "You're being uncool. You're in one of your B moods and you're going to regret it." Shortly after she will turn round and apologise, and we'll be back to normal.

Crikey, Scythe, are you for real??
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
25 September 2013, 21:31,
In such situations when I feel down I try to hide it but it turns out I am a terrible actor.
Positively Pessimistic
25 September 2013, 21:41,
(25 September 2013, 18:46)Highlander Wrote: Everyone seems to be talking `individuals` yet if you are a member of a team or group then I am not sure if there should be such a thing as an individual.

In a shtf situation I would expect everyone to act as a group and be 100% trusting of everyone else,.. so if you are feeling down, sad, happy or hungry, then everyone should know about it.

To be someone who keeps something to themselves, no matter how small that might be is to either miss trust the others, or think that they would do something that you would disprove of if you were to mention it

A group will need to gel well in order to survive, a number of people must become as close to one as possible, everyone must be trusting to each other, if one person feels down then the group rally around and sort that out,... there will be no room for individuals

A group or team is made up of individuals and like I said if one is down then the others will accept it. What we are talking about are those that people don't want on their team. The team dies.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 September 2013, 01:01,
(25 September 2013, 20:51)MaryN Wrote:
(25 September 2013, 10:23)Scythe13 Wrote: Good that you've already addressed these issues mate.

The wife and I have very similar strategies. Once in a blue moon I'll have a bad day, but after that, right as rain, energy and motivation of the group. Same with her, when she has her B moments, I say "You're being uncool. You're in one of your B moods and you're going to regret it." Shortly after she will turn round and apologise, and we'll be back to normal.

Crikey, Scythe, are you for real??

Yes, 100% real. What's so "Crikey" about that.

She ends up feeling really guilty when she is being a b***h and realises. So by telling her sooner it lets her know that I recognise she's having a bad day and is venting, but that she'll feel bad taking it out on me. Then she just takes a step back and feels less guilty.

Same as if I'm being a c**k. She'll tell me. I'll put my hands up and apologise. More importantly though, I'll be better at recognising when I'm being like that in the future.

You always hurt the ones you're closest to, right? Then you feel like a [insert expletive] afterwards. We just let each other know when we're hurting each other.

That's not that weird is it?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 September 2013, 09:00,
"You don't have time to be happy / sad / slightly emotional. You've got stuff to be getting on with, so man up and do it, or fuck off"

I'm not the kind, caring sort.
26 September 2013, 09:09,
Scythe,

No its not weird and although not the only way it works fine. We can all handle a bit of negativity. It's just when it is full on and all the time.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 September 2013, 10:23,
I suspect that, post SHTF, depression is going to become a real problem. I don't mean the "someone has unliked me on Facebook" type of depression, I mean PTSD - post adrenalin terrors - when the reality dawns on people exactly what has happened. This is not something that can be planned for, and to be honest, I think it will be a serious situation for anyone who either goes down with it or has a close family member/friend with the problem. After all, if your mind says "sod this, I'm off" there's not much you do. No psychiatric help will be available - not that it is particularly useful - and it will be a real drain/fear for others.

I have no idea how people will cope.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.