Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rural population
28 September 2013, 11:28,
RE: rural population
Ah, I remember a story one of my friends told me in which he was shot by a farmer with a beanbag. What happened was he was camping and crossed through this farmers field to get to his site, no animals were there, then next thing he knows he's on the ground winded, he doesn't remember hearing the shot but he does remember the farmer angrily stepping up to him on the ground screaming at him to get off his land, shotgun still in hand. Now, what the farmer did was illegal, imagine what would happen if it was WROL.
Positively Pessimistic
28 September 2013, 15:05,
Kiril i think you're mate was pulling your leg...no farmer in this day and age is going to discharge a weapon with any kind of ammunition in anybodies direction because of a spot of tresspassing...burglary maybe but not tresspass , his feet wouldn't touch,bobbies would have him locked up quicksmart then theres the litigation crazy society we live in today...he'd lose his liberty and all his money...just wouldn't happen...and if you could buy beanbag rounds i'd have some by now.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
28 September 2013, 16:41,
Could well be, he's that kind of person, but farmers do tend to be quite aggressive about their land.

Same guy said that when he went over to Turkey, he was threatened by some guys who's sister he tried to chat up that they were going to cut his throat if he did it again. Now, that I may believe since his brain seems to be wired to sex and violence. I just reply with a dulled "Oh yeah?".

But I can understand the threat in rural areas since everyone with some sense and a bug-out-bag would go there and I imagine there would be quite a lot of in-fighting between those displaced and bugging out and the local populace.
Positively Pessimistic
28 September 2013, 19:41,
(28 September 2013, 15:05)Midnitemo Wrote: Kiril i think you're mate was pulling your leg...no farmer in this day and age is going to discharge a weapon with any kind of ammunition in anybodies direction because of a spot of tresspassing...burglary maybe but not tresspass , his feet wouldn't touch,bobbies would have him locked up quicksmart then theres the litigation crazy society we live in today...he'd lose his liberty and all his money...just wouldn't happen...and if you could buy beanbag rounds i'd have some by now.

Don't you be so sure,... as Postie we have `bad dog` warning cards,.. [self explanatory],.... but one of our areas used to have a `Man warning` card,... he took a shotgun to a Postie,..and others,... granted he is now locked away, but if it can happen now,.. then it will increase 10 fold under a shtf pressure
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 September 2013, 20:24,
O.K., I'm intrigued - how can you be shot with a beanbag??
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 September 2013, 20:50,
You take out the shot and replace it with a beanbag. Plod use them or used them.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin