Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Forum Threats
27 September 2013, 11:44,
RE: Forum Threats
iv tryed over the years to put gear use in a good light , but all i ever got was , you only look like that because of ..... , never thinking of years in the gym , diet ect
most guys see bodybuilders as a threat and havent got the bottle to have a go thats why your get the , your die of cancer ,hart attack , it will all turn to fat , ect ect
as hard as you try s13 you will get knocked back all the time , buy weak men who deep down would love to look like that , but lack the bottle to try.
on a good note explaining about the much better sex drive worked , pissed off the knockers and made the birds ears prick up .
Survive the jive (youtube )
27 September 2013, 11:51,
(27 September 2013, 11:35)BeardyMan Wrote: I don't think the 2 "celebrities" Sunna gave as an example can represent the rest of the steroid crowd either. Fact is, when they're taken by people who think they know what they're doing, and actually don't know enough, then it's a gamble.
Remember that body builder who's arm pretty much exploded? He knew what he was doing (apparently), but he got hooked. Now he's all lopsided and shit, one massive arm, one floppy mess.

Also, for all of those scientists you spoke to / read papers by there are just the same amount of doctors & scientists who hold exactly the opposite opinion on steroids. Same with any drug really. You can dig out scientific papers to "prove" or refute almost anything.

The guy you mean was Greg Valentino. His 'explosion' is a complete myth. The title of the program was miles off. The word explosion was meant to change the perception. Explosion of growth, but knew people would see an explosion as his arm bursting. Rewatch the program and look for when he says 'I drop a needle on the floor and I didn't clean it off. I got an infection from the needle and tried to drain it." That's what really happened. Check out something called Synthol, if you want to learn about Greg Valentino.

As for the doctors refuting the benefits of steroids, they say stuff, but don't actually quote any references. They don't refer to any genuine tests. Trust me mate, I didn't just look for the pros of steds. I initially looked at all the bad effects but noticed a lack of references to ANY medical research that proved the negative use. The stuff I did find was that injecting wrongly was the real danger. Stuff like liver toxicity and heart enlargement, however, both of those are not major issues. Liver toxicity is less than alcohol, and heart enlargement is less dangerous than the artery clogging of eating red meat. Honestly, the more you look into it, the more you realise that the 'hype' is totally bollocks!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 September 2013, 11:55,
I don't think the physical side effects are the worst part, it's the effect it has on the brain. Attitudes change, hence "roid-rage". And it does exist.

Yep, matey got an infected arm. Why was his arm infected? Cause he was sticking steroids in it & used a dirty needle. No steroids, no dirty needles, no rotten arm. Therefore steroid use / abuse directly caused his current condition.
27 September 2013, 11:55,
(27 September 2013, 11:44)Sunna Wrote: iv tryed over the years to put gear use in a good light , but all i ever got was , you only look like that because of ..... , never thinking of years in the gym , diet ect
most guys see bodybuilders as a threat and havent got the bottle to have a go thats why your get the , your die of cancer ,hart attack , it will all turn to fat , ect ect
as hard as you try s13 you will get knocked back all the time , buy weak men who deep down would love to look like that , but lack the bottle to try.
on a good note explaining about the much better sex drive worked , pissed off the knockers and made the birds ears prick up .

It goes back to what I said in the initial post. Empty tins make the loudest noise. Every time someone goes on about steroids or something else I know about, I ask for the research they've done and the work they've cited. So far....NONE!!! My wife came back with 1 study which was pretty bad. Turns out the guy's family has a history of mental illness and he was on anti-depressants as well as steroids. Damn, that's embarrassing for her.
27 September 2013, 11:57,
the guy whos arm exploded ? was injecting oil into his arm muscles ,hes on yt trying to take it out again the bloke was a propper dumb ass trying to get fame buy having the biggest arms in the world , he injected oil not steroids .
for a while he got what he wanted being paid to go to the big bodybuilding shows in the us and europe , his downfull was putting too much oil in his arms and he fucked himself up .
27 September 2013, 12:03,
(27 September 2013, 11:55)BeardyMan Wrote: I don't think the physical side effects are the worst part, it's the effect it has on the brain. Attitudes change, hence "roid-rage". And it does exist.

Yep, matey got an infected arm. Why was his arm infected? Cause he was sticking steroids in it & used a dirty needle. No steroids, no dirty needles, no rotten arm. Therefore steroid use / abuse directly caused his current condition.

HAHA, you're just trolling now mate. But I'll play along.

Brain effects...minimal. Evidence for rood-rage please. That's one of the things I asked about when interviewing doctors and bodybuilders. The most common response was along the lines of "I've never seen it" One guy basically said "It's like a unicorn, everyone has heart of it, but nobody has seen it."

The best response I got was "It just makes you stronger and more confident. If you're a knobhead, you become a stronger more confident knob head. So of course you'll start a fight. You'd still start a fight without the steroids though."

As for Greg Valentino...picking up an infection from a needle is not the result of the steroid. It's the result of his stupidity. He even says that on the video for the film. That's like saying that food poisoning is caused by eating food. No, it's caused by eating bad food that's not been cooked properly and has picked up bacteria.

Go read Muscle. Watch Bigger Faster Stronger. Do your research before you say stuff that 'you think' is true because someone told you from the TV it's true.
27 September 2013, 12:05, (This post was last modified: 27 September 2013, 12:10 by BeardyMan.)
Quote:Medical Author:
Benjamin Wedro, MD, FACEP, FAAEM
Medical Editor:
William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
SHARE THIS ARTICLE:

FACEBOOKTWITTEREMAILPRINT
IN THIS ARTICLE
Anabolic steroid abuse facts
What are anabolic steroids?
Why do people abuse anabolic steroids?
How do people abuse anabolic steroids?
Are anabolic steroids addictive?
What are the psychological and physical side effects of anabolic steroid abuse?
How are anabolic steroid abuse and addiction diagnosed?
What is the treatment for anabolic steroid abuse and addiction?
Can anabolic steroid abuse and addiction be prevented?
Where can I get more information on anabolic steroid abuse?
Anabolic Steroid Abuse Index

Are anabolic steroids addictive?

Like alcohol or street drugs, the common signs of addiction include cravings for the drug, requiring more drug to get the same effect, and withdrawal symptoms should the drug be stopped. These are all behaviors that can apply to anabolic steroids. The following is a statement from the National Institute of Drug Abuse concerning anabolic steroids:

"An undetermined percentage of steroid abusers may become addicted to the drugs, as evidenced by their continued abuse despite physical problems and negative effects on social relations. Also, steroid abusers typically spend large amounts of time and money obtaining the drugs, which is another indication that they may be addicted. Individuals who abuse steroids can experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking steroids, such as mood swings, fatigue, restlessness, loss of appetite, insomnia, reduced sex drive, and steroid cravings. The most dangerous of the withdrawal symptoms is depression, because it sometimes leads to suicide attempts. If left untreated, some depressive symptoms associated with anabolic steroid withdrawal have been known to persist for a year or more after the abuser stops taking the drugs."

What are the psychological and physical side effects of anabolic steroid abuse?

Comment on this
Share Your Story
Anabolic steroids are used as performance-enhancing drugs to increase the ability to do work and exercise by abnormally stimulating muscle growth, power, and aerobic capacity. This increased function comes with a cost of potentially life-threatening side effects.

The complications of anabolic steroid abuse are a result of excess testosterone affecting almost all the organ systems in the body. Some of the effects are reversible and decrease when the drug abuse stops while others are permanent and irreversible.

In males, the excess steroid suppresses the normal testosterone production in the body and can lead to shrunken testicles and decreased sperm count, baldness, and breast development (gynecomastia).

In females, steroids will lead to masculinization with loss of body fat and breast size, swelling of the clitoris, deepening of the voice, and the development of facial and body hair.

Life-threatening side effects include heart attack and stroke, the risk of forming blood clots (deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolus), liver cancer, and liver failure.

The skin is often affected by excess steroid use and the issues are similar to the adolescent male going through puberty with its testosterone spike. Acne is often present along with cyst formation in the skin. Hair can also become oily.

Infections are a common side effect of steroid abuse because of needle sharing and unsanitary techniques used when injecting the drugs into the skin. These are similar risks to IV drug abusers with increase potential to acquire blood-borne infections such as hepatitis and HIV/AIDS. Skin abscesses may occur at injection sites and may spread to other organs of the body. Endocarditis or an infection of the heart valves is not uncommon.

Psychiatric and psychologic complications include manic behavior and psychosis including hallucinations and delusions. Aggressive behavior is common and is often known as "roid rage"

Because the muscle growth can occur quickly, it can cause stress on the tendons that attach the muscle to bone and anabolic steroid abusers are at risk for tendon rupture.

Anabolic steroids can increase bone production, especially in the skull and face. Teeth can splay apart as the maxilla and mandible grow. There can be overgrowth of the forehead giving an "Incredible Hulk" appearance. If adolescent teenagers abuse steroids before they have finished growing, these drugs can prematurely close bone growth plates, leading to short stature.

Reviewed by William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR on 4/23/2012

I'll stick to my weed!!

(27 September 2013, 12:03)Scythe13 Wrote:
(27 September 2013, 11:55)BeardyMan Wrote: I don't think the physical side effects are the worst part, it's the effect it has on the brain. Attitudes change, hence "roid-rage". And it does exist.

HAHA, you're just trolling now mate. But I'll play along.

Brain effects...minimal. Evidence for rood-rage please. That's one of the things I asked about when interviewing doctors and bodybuilders. The most common response was along the lines of "I've never seen it" One guy basically said "It's like a unicorn, everyone has heart of it, but nobody has seen it."

The best response I got was "It just makes you stronger and more confident. If you're a knobhead, you become a stronger more confident knob head. So of course you'll start a fight. You'd still start a fight without the steroids though."

As for Greg Valentino...picking up an infection from a needle is not the result of the steroid. It's the result of his stupidity. He even says that on the video for the film. That's like saying that food poisoning is caused by eating food. No, it's caused by eating bad food that's not been cooked properly and has picked up bacteria.

Go read Muscle. Watch Bigger Faster Stronger. Do your research before you say stuff that 'you think' is true because someone told you from the TV it's true.

See, you're being sensitive again. It's not trolling, it's called having a discussion.

You can find scientific evidence to support both sides of the argument - with all your "research" you must know this.
27 September 2013, 12:14,
as with booze , weed , speed , lsd , steroids .........
a little bit of what you fancy dose you no harm .....Wink
27 September 2013, 12:16,
(27 September 2013, 12:14)Sunna Wrote: as with booze , weed , speed , lsd , steroids .........

Couldn't agree more. Everything in moderation, especially moderation itself Big Grin
27 September 2013, 12:19,
(27 September 2013, 12:16)BeardyMan Wrote:
(27 September 2013, 12:14)Sunna Wrote: as with booze , weed , speed , lsd , steroids .........

Couldn't agree more. Everything in moderation, especially moderation itself Big Grin

sorry not speed i like alot of that Tongue