Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The one hour meltown.
15 October 2013, 21:37,
RE: The one hour meltown.
Quote:
Quote:Spuzzana Wrote:
I appreciate what you are saying Binnie

Just consider this for a few moments, in the way that Mortblanc says,,,, Yeah Yeah Yeah I've heard it all before since the year dot.

It kinda feels that he/she has been reading about this potentially happening for a very long time and he/she has become long in the tooth hearing about it and kinda care worn or blazea about it. Yes if you are waiting for a very long time for something to happen you will begin to sag...and its at that very moment the fucker bites you because you let your guard down.

It is hard to hold the flame aloft and keep watch. I feel Mortblanc's pain...been preping on and off for probably around the same length of time. Started in my early 20's and now in my mid 50's. Its just now that things are potentially reaching a critical flash point.

Just stay alert

By UK standards I would be considered an "extreme prepper". If I showed my stores and equipment you would probably accuse me of snagging pictures off the internet rather than taking them myself. But all these preps are not for TEOTWAWKI, they are for the real life hazards and hardships I have experienced as a human in the interior of the U.S. and not some fantasy scenario. They are a response to actual events that happen annually here in my home region. (most of them anyway, part are for pure recreational purposes and I simply love the homestead experience)

The fact that they would be considered preps for TEOTWAWKI is coincidental, and not my real intent.

While some claim an American can have no concept of the "British situation", 99% of my actions and preparations are transferable to the British experience and available to any British citizen by a short trip to a suburban shopping mall. Even my weapons, which I seldom talk about directly, are available to any law abiding British citizen capable of filling out the proper forms and willing to pay the fees.

I have zero interest in the zombie apocalypse, world wide EMP effects, total social collapse, unarmed combat with hordes of roaming looters, alien invasion or any other fantasy scenario.

I have lost all tolerance for people that prep for those incidents while ignoring the common sense hazards of daily life. Or toward bogus/fake "preppers" that refuse to do what they know they should do, and discourage others from common sense actions, simply to cover their own shortcomings or boost their egos.

If that is "sagging", I have "sagged".

Hi Mortblanc

First I would like to offer my apologies.

From what you have written it is apparent that I have offended you. This was not intentional.

Quote: I have zero interest in the zombie apocalypse, world wide EMP effects, total social collapse, unarmed combat with hordes of roaming looters, alien invasion or any other fantasy scenario.

I have lost all tolerance for people that prep for those incidents while ignoring the common sense hazards of daily life. Or toward bogus/fake "preppers" that refuse to do what they know they should do, and discourage others from common sense actions, simply to cover their own shortcomings or boost their egos.

Second – Yes I totally agree Zero interest in zombie apocalypse, world wide EMP effects, unarmed combat with hoards of roaming looters, alien invasion or fantasy scenarios.

However, I do believe that there is serious potential for total societal collapse caused by the global banking systems failing. (the banking systems are a broken system). Primarily this will be due to the debt burden that countries are facing in terms of GDP versus debt servicing. From a historical view we can already see what has happened in a wide range of countries where defaults have occurred with the national debt. Typically this results in invasion by the IMF, WTO and Bretton Woods Institutes interfering in a cohesive and co-ordinated way with the national polices of the defaulting country. This often leads to civil war and extreme poverty for the people. The civil wars are reported in the media. However, this is normally a cover for how the IMF, WTO and Bretton Woods Institutes are destroying the sovereignty of the target country.

Much of this has been fuelled by the Mechanistic behaviours of the corporate world. They have raped and pillaged our world with scant thought about what effects their activities will have on the natural world and the earthlings inhabiting this world. Effectively they are blood suckers. However, the juice they exist on is sucking the life out of human beings through indebtedness and fiscal penury.

The term earthlings is an inclusive term that encompasses all species, avian, insect and mammalian.

When the collapse comes, we are in for a long very tough time as the human race. Personally I believe this will catapult us into another dark age that could potentially last for as long as 4-500 years. Almost as long as the dark age that ensued across Europe after the collapse of the roman empire.

Quote: By UK standards I would be considered an "extreme prepper". If I showed my stores and equipment you would probably accuse me of snagging pictures off the internet rather than taking them myself. But all these preps are not for TEOTWAWKI, they are for the real life hazards and hardships I have experienced as a human in the interior of the U.S. and not some fantasy scenario. They are a response to actual events that happen annually here in my home region. (most of them anyway, part are for pure recreational purposes and I simply love the homestead experience)

I do not understand the concept of “extreme”. You have to do what you have to do - regardless. If others consider your actions to be extreme - they are the ones who are not able to understand what you are doing.

Respect.