Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tricked!
29 September 2013, 20:13,
RE: Tricked!
Ok,..ideas about what you could do if you did find yourself shut out...[ I agree with MB though, that its unlikely they would let you go, not without at least a good beating and a rape for good measure]

Ok,... as I see it you only have two ways to go,.. you pick yourself up and become a refuge with all the other people who didn't get it right.

...or you fight back,... harder said than done, they would not have thrown you out with a weapon,... but you could go to those stores that you have hidden away elsewhere,.. [ you did, didn't you?]... with those stores you will be able to patch yourself up, feed yourself up, and arm yourself, with the crossbow, or rifle or,..whatever,...and slowly under cover of night go back and take out the intruders if you can,.... with a bit of luck they are as slack as the people in your senario.

Its easy for a Military man to come up with the rules of war, and how to act under training, all squadies understand what Mortblanc is saying, but not always easy for none military types to get used to,.... but sadly it is something that will have to be learnt very quickly for some
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 September 2013, 20:32, (This post was last modified: 29 September 2013, 20:35 by Midnitemo.)
I've caught enough people asleep on stag and all but one opted for my punishment....the military are not immune to switching off and f##king up. its also a numbers game there may well not be enough for relieving after 2hours and thats about the max somebody can stay truly alert and almost certainly not enough manpower to double up on duties.

A counter attack is the usual answer before the enemy consolidates but i have no materiel or weapons , in my present predicament i would bug out to my bol ten miles away and lick my wounds.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
29 September 2013, 23:26,
You can't do everything. If your group won't do what you want you need morepeople. The issue we all will have is 2 years down the line with nobody sneaking in then we will all get lax. It is human nature perhaps you should consider other optionslike a security system. Take it out of the hands of your people if they are so unreliable or perhaps you should plan for being taken over.

As i said before you can't not do anything and expect everything to be OK.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 September 2013, 07:08, (This post was last modified: 30 September 2013, 14:13 by Lightspeed.)
(29 September 2013, 19:09)Midnitemo Wrote: S13's idea not a bad one but what food could you spike that you feel sure they'd all eat.....also the potential for harming your own can't be played down.

Yes good idea from S13. I've been considering spiked foodstuffs, but as you say, the big problem is how to identify and avoid accidental usage.

Is there a way you can poison the water supply from outside the property? That would be a way of having good likelihood of success.

Covert entry points to the property are a good idea. Can you get in through the roof for example?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

30 September 2013, 08:58,
(29 September 2013, 18:52)Mortblanc Wrote:
(29 September 2013, 17:15)bigpaul Wrote:
(29 September 2013, 16:54)Mortblanc Wrote: The real answer to the situation has already been proposed, a neighborhood defense with layers of protection, active patrols, large numbers of eyes watching, large numbers of voices shouting warnings and large numbers of people responding to threats.

that's fine if you have a large group, most of us will have only a family group, could be 3 or 4 adults but it might be only TWO, and that's assuming everyone makes it through TSHTF, some of us could be left on our own, its not impossible to comprehend, what then?

It's very simple.

Then you die.

In past times, when things were not quite so cushy as today, isolation, banishment, or having the protection of the law withheld was considered a death sentence.

that is just the sort of asinine remark I have come to expect, not everyone dies if left alone, look at the "mountain men" in your own countries history.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 September 2013, 13:05,
These ideas about 24 hour sentries, always leaving the house in pairs etc. are simply unworkable. They can be done by an army unit who are receiving supplies from home, but when you have to collect the eggs, plant a field, collect water yourself there isn't enough time to double everyone up and have extra bodies just keeping watch.
30 September 2013, 15:21,
Things to spike are the kinds of things people will be craving. Coke Cola, chocolate, jelly sweets, cordial juice as well. People will be craving these things. You could also spike cigarettes and alcoholic drinks. Jack Daniels would be high on my 'to poison' list. Just think about the first things that will be out of supply. Those will be the first to be snatched up and enjoyed.

Things not to 'enhance' would be ANY perishables. Who wants to poison a new apple every week? That's a lot of effort just to safeguard against something that may never happen, and something you can guard against in the first place.

Poisoning water would not be a good plan, in my opinion. It could coat the taps, or something like that. Maybe a better idea to label some poison tablets as "Water Purification" with "1 tablet per litre, wait until fully dissolved. Drink freely" That'll ruin their day...and speed their demise.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 September 2013, 16:17, (This post was last modified: 30 September 2013, 16:27 by Midnitemo.)
(29 September 2013, 19:36)Mortblanc Wrote: So you do not want common sense, you want fantasy or some secret trick to get back at them from the grave?

It continually amazes me that people on this forum ask a question, and when they get a common sense answer they do not want to hear they keep asking the same question hoping security principles that have been standard for centuries have suddenly changed.

Yes, people do stupid things, and other people die for their efforts. Perhaps you should stress that from the first minute danger arises. There is no longer allowance for someone giving an answer of "I did not think it would matter!" while you are digging graves.

And perhaps you should be the person that gets the least sleep of anyone inside those walls.

Ask any military squad leader with combat experience what his job is and he will tell you, it is to supervise his squad and make sure they preform at 100%. It is to make sure they do not go to sleep on watch, they do not smoke on watch, they do not venture out alone and to keep the effects of their innate stupidity at a minimum!

That is your job now that SHTF.

And I am not leaving poisoned food lying around for my grandchildren to eat accidentally.

The common sense answers given don't translate in the uk with our population densities, our over zealous gun laws and the british demeanour.....just not feasible.

and its a given that i will be burning the candle at both ends survivng on power naps

In an ideal world i would be living semi rural and of grid with the place strategically laid out with great arc's of fire in all direction's mega physical security ie shutters / armoured glass / a hardened shelter / pre laid charges /attack dogs /trip flares /night sun the whole 9 yards infact ....but it costs more money than most of us have and a fair bit of it is illegal....we just got to do the best we can with what we have.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
30 September 2013, 16:47,
I don't consider it "common sense" to be told just cos I might end up on my own "you will die", that's just defeatist talk and would have got someone locked up(in the UK) in the last war. everyone is different (some are more resourceful than others) and it also depends on where people are living, more chances of violence (and more people) in an inner city than in the middle of Dartmoor!!Angel the autumn riots showed us that.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 September 2013, 23:46,
You can't plan for 24/7 patrols forever. there comes a time when you just stop, either your resources can't handle it or you just get complacent.

You must be realistic and make plans that are achievable.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin