Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defence Weapons Lethal non-gun
6 October 2013, 20:20,
RE: Defence Weapons Lethal non-gun
(6 October 2013, 20:08)Dave13 Wrote: Baseball bat knock some furniture domed nails in there and you've got a club. This is mine I threw some paint at mine as well

looks a bit BDSM to me mate....wouldm't want to be on the receiving end...i have a baseball bat(painted matt black) but i keep a tennis ball with it at all times as a precaution.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
6 October 2013, 21:56,
Lol midnitemo does look like a bit of a sex weapon
6 October 2013, 22:55,
What items might suffice as improvised weapons which could be found in your normal environment?

Let us assume for discussion purposes you are travelling on holiday and cannot bring knives, or other “weapons” due to security checks and have carry only basic travel items when things become "interesting."

Improvise a weapon using dining room silverware, a pen, a handful of gravel tied into a sock. Anything which provides an ability to keep threatening persons at distance, protect yourself, buy time and distance to escape, gather your wits and come up with a better plan and acquire "stuff" to put it in action.

Being alone in an unfamiliar, hostile land without resources or much chance of long term survival means that "criminal" skills become be very useful. These are certainly not be justified in common disaster situations, but fall into the realm of tradecraft taught to military personnel and “spooks.” Lock picking, auto theft, hand to hand combat and improvised weapons for close quarter battle are the order of the day in the worst case scenario. Criminals, outdoorsmen, soldiers, cops and tradesmen flourish while "office wimps" die whining. The former have skill sets which include familiarity with basic tools which aid survival, while the latter usually do not.

You can do much worse than having an tradesman's tool belt with basic hand tools. These do not appear threatening, but having such things as a hammer, screwdriver, pliers, Stilson wrench, wire cutters and box cutter would cover alot of bases.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 October 2013, 00:07,
Also having tradesman type attire to go with the toolbelt will go a long way to accessing areas with a low profile and also for the element of surprise if need be. It appears non threatening and the onlookers mind immediately identifies the wearer with a specific social group - before any secondary re-evaluation. This can buy precious time. Tradesman or women type clothing is also excellently functional, tough and usually has multiple storage pockets which come in handy without carrying it all in a pack. Combined with a tool bag a lot can be carried that is readily accessible without it being apparent as a specific non work tool load carrier.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
7 October 2013, 01:15,
(6 October 2013, 20:08)Dave13 Wrote: Baseball bat knock some furniture domed nails in there and you've got a club. This is mine I threw some paint at mine as well

the shadow on the door looks like your wearing a gimp mask......Tongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
7 October 2013, 21:57,
(7 October 2013, 01:15)Sunna Wrote:

the shadow on the door looks like your wearing a gimp mask......Tongue

I was Wink
7 October 2013, 23:11,
I wouldn't know. I leave it to those with experience to let me now things like that. Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 October 2013, 23:17,
I just deleted my pre post on the grounds of not incriminating myself in the future. Please be aware of what info you put on the net and what questions are asked of you. regards, TL.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
7 October 2013, 23:50,
Beware that the Enemy Is Listening

He wants to know what YOU know.

So, keep it to yourself.

Loose Lips Sink Ships!

(Defence Plant WW2 Security Poster)

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
8 October 2013, 04:23,
If the enemy is listening here he is spending a disproportional amount of time LHAO!