Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping in todays Daily Mail
17 December 2011, 10:41, (This post was last modified: 17 December 2011, 11:29 by NorthernRaider.)
Prepping in todays Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...worst.html
Got this snippet and a few more like it into the comments section on todays Mail Online.
Bit of free advertising for us Smile

Survivalists and their later variants " Preppers" are as common in the UK as in the US, there are dozens of forums and groups online just do a google for Survival UK, or Prepping & Survival UK. We are simply taking sensible precautions to ensure our families sdafety and security in an ever more vulnerable world. Infact its exactly what our Grand Parents used to do before Supermarkets came along. Most of our grannies set stuff aside in times of plenty. The government also benefits by not having to keep millions of tons of disaster relief food and fuel supplies because the wiser members of society have taken responsibility for their own safety. Our case was proven last winter when most preppers were unaffected by the prolonged blizzards and storms that left millions struggling. Oh and most of us dont use expensive freeze dried foods either.
-

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1gmpIlP5z

17 December 2011, 11:52,
RE: Prepping in todays Daily Mail
go further down the piece and look at some of the replies! talk about negativity and hiding your head in the sand! still, its what i've been saying for awhile now, that preppers will be the ones to survive and non preppers wont-oh well!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 December 2011, 12:14,
Aye but there is a good ten percent of them who clearly support prepping or actually are preppers, and that is much higher than I expected, I honestly dont give a flying F*** about the 90% of nay saying cynics, they can rot for all I care.

17 December 2011, 12:16, (This post was last modified: 17 December 2011, 12:26 by mikebratcher69.)
Not being funny BUT do they look like preppers to you?
and that freezer.. the lights on but theres no frost or ice in it, and the stuff in it doesnt look frozen...
He's got an fing crease inm his pants for fooks sake.
Big wine rck lots of champers in it too, look on the racks theyve got bollinger!!!
Look like your average dinner party preppers to me...
Good article but well staged me thinks

Or is this an attempt to make preppers less scary or prepping itself more aceptable to mr and mrs average...
mind you if you drink bollinger I wouldnt call you average, shaken not stirred mr bond?
Lots of mayonayse too...

Defo just prepping for the new years eve party...
well propaganda photos... have'nt I seen them at the DWP...
I think its all a trap, if your unemployed and your a prepper and you have stores, you've got too much money and they'll stop your dole.
Nice linerie photos on the right tho *ahem*
I meant lingerie...I was distracted...
And the size of that box of wheetabix, thats for when they're bunged up with all the caviar and bollinger...
Fantastic article though I must say.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
17 December 2011, 12:52,
(17 December 2011, 12:14)NorthernRaider Wrote: Aye but there is a good ten percent of them who clearly support prepping or actually are preppers, and that is much higher than I expected, I honestly dont give a flying F*** about the 90% of nay saying cynics, they can rot for all I care.
couldn't agree with you more NR! i think this couple(the Shaw's) are asking for trouble though, going public like this, wonder how soon the local thugs come around to steal all their stuff?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 December 2011, 13:46, (This post was last modified: 17 December 2011, 13:49 by NorthernRaider.)
I thought that myself, but I also thought that if they are wise enough to prep and Brave enough to go to print they are probably wise enough NOT to have shown the reporter their REAL caches and supplies.
(17 December 2011, 12:16)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Not being funny BUT do they look like preppers to you?

Mikey, What does a Prepper actually look like?, most of us are indistinguishable from sheeple, its how we blend in unnoticed Smile

I think these folks are getting the message out on behalf of another group or forum or community that I am not aware of, and I certainly think the Journalist is not being shown any of the real caches and stockpiles.

17 December 2011, 14:08, (This post was last modified: 17 December 2011, 14:14 by mikebratcher69.)
Aye thats true, They just look unlikely to my eye, preppers usualy have something about them, you can feel it in your water so to say, you can just tell theres something different to "normal" people about preppers, you know how you know if somebodys been in the police or the forces when you meet them....I feel thats lacking but I could be wrong, I'm not embarrassed to say I have been wrong before, but they may be super careful people, they just have THAT glint in their eyes....
It could be the journo that was bobbing about ages ago looking for info, or another like him. You know what journalists are like when nobody will talk to them they make it up, that could be what I sense about the "scene" I.E. the journo knows about preppers and knows what they do but doesnt know any real preppers, so he just shows what he would stock up on...I mean how much bollinger and mayonaise do you have in your preps? It just reminds me of when the police show guns on tv about how much armed crime they've stopped, to joe sheeple the airgun they show is indestinguishable froma kalashnikov....
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
17 December 2011, 14:18,
(17 December 2011, 14:08)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Aye thats true, They just look unlikely to my eye, preppers usualy have something about them, you can feel it in your water so to say, you can just tell theres something different to "normal" people about preppers, you know how you know if somebodys been in the police or the forces when you meet them....I feel thats lacking but I could be wrong, I'm not embarrassed to say I have been wrong before, but they may be super careful people, they just have THAT glint in their eyes....

yes, thats what i thought too Mike! they look too upmarket to be preppers, too well off, to have even thought about prepping. i mean you go to the WG and people look like their into survival/prepping, you can tell which ones are the sheeple just brought their kids for a day out, its the same if you go to a woodcraft event, you can tell the serious people from the day trippers.
17 December 2011, 14:53,
The images could be a load of bollaux as the press has been caught out fiddling loads of times lately, and the text could be pukka. Possibly because real preppers may talk to journos but dont want photographing, OR the buggers are trying to draw us out?

17 December 2011, 15:54,
It's a bit sick considering their's people starving in the world.
- Ellis, Dartford, 17/12/2011 10:55

Ok so shit happens we must let our fucking kids starve to make this cunt happy.