Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You must leave fast
9 October 2013, 18:46,
RE: You must leave fast
Interesting scenario.

There are loads of questions that spring to mind about the situation and the whys and wherefores. Along with a load of maths based on the number of people you will need to provide for.

All my seeds would be in a container in 3 bundles comprising:

Perennials
Herbs
Annuals (mainly the vegies I wouldn't really want to do without)

Tools would have to be secateurs and a small hand trowel as they could be shoved into a pocket without having to agonise over leaving other important items behind. Anything else can be made from wood, fashioned with the use of heat or scavenged if needed

All seeds would be heritage and non hybrid seeds purchased from somewhere like The Real Seed Catalogue - I would not touch those you find in a supermarket with a barge pole.
10 October 2013, 03:12,
I say again...

Plain language for clarity!

Disperse critical resources to deny the enemy target availabilty!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
10 October 2013, 14:42,
Tis simples, why make it complicated. The answer is NONE!

Firstly there is no time to change the plan and by so doing compromise our safety.
Secondly, I would not be needlessly adding extra time to the evacuation plan - that again may well compromise our safety.
Finally, In the UK with a dense (Oh how I laughed :-) population of 65+million - equating to a vast amount of resources available, naming "seeds and gardening tools" as quite popular to the percentage of the population that are keen gardeners - Then I think that obtaining seeds and tools at a later more convenient time would be preferable!
And extra specially finally :- I would not be able to guarantee the three minutes as accurate... TL.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
10 October 2013, 14:53,
Thanks TL .....exactley
10 October 2013, 16:22,
(8 October 2013, 22:23)Straight Shooter Wrote: Where can I get these steve?

I planted Wizard field beans this year, from Real Seeds

http://www.realseeds.co.uk/broadbeanseed.html