Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You must leave fast
7 October 2013, 18:25,
RE: You must leave fast
Sorry BP I am not making myself clear......yet again...........as preppers we would have had the bikes and trialer ready and loaded for just this very senario but the approaching gang are heading our way ,the 3 mins is the decision to go to our bol is made but we now realize we may have to leave for months in view of what we have seen the only thing that was left out was the tools and seed for what ever reason, we messed up and now have to choose what to take........as in the thread you are leaving not fighting not staying put no ambush
7 October 2013, 19:11,
Rule of thumb here, if you have a shotgun to use on these thugs, DON'T go for a "kill" shot. Try to hit them in the upper thigh/lower torso area. Nothing takes the momentum out of a gang attack better than to have several of their buddies laying in the dirt and screaming in agony. As y'all like to put it, thems that can will "bugger off" quick like!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
7 October 2013, 19:41, (This post was last modified: 7 October 2013, 19:43 by Mortblanc.)
(7 October 2013, 16:49)Straight Shooter Wrote: Some good points but , in my group there are fifteen ,seven are aged eleven down to three, MB /LS your right to a degree but they are not interested in some tools n seed they want food and anything they can barta with,don't forget the decision has been made You are off! Your bol might well have been discovered your other bol although has some supplies you have to take some tools and seed to survive ....you may not be able to return HOME for months.....your that worried,........you have no choice you have got to take your gardening gear with you NOW

You just eliminated all choices and all options. Now is Now and you have what you can grab NOW. You just ended all speculation discussion and optional planning.

I love it when people change the scenario midway through the thread and substitute an impossible situation with no flexibility or choice.

You want us to say what you want us to say and that is it!

Truth is, you have fifteen people 7 under age 11 and you did not plan for them very well.

No matter what you do several of them are about to die.
7 October 2013, 20:00,
Depends if I'm alone or with a group. If I was alone I would probably attempt to bug out, at least temporarily. If I was with a group, I think a quiet stand to, and attempt to kill as many as quickly as we can. I have never really thought about it.

I'm trying to think of it from their point of view. They've been living by scavenging for weeks, months, maybe even a year or two. They're used to "normal" homes, either burnt out and looted, occupied or just abandoned. Then they come across a remote cottage, chickens running around, veggies in the garden, maybe other things like washing on the line or food cooking over the fire. They would be pretty thick if they didn't realize that you had left very recently.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
7 October 2013, 20:43,
MB your right changing the thread half way though ....all I was trying to do was to make it a bit more clear. But for the last time.....what tools and seeds are you grabbing and what if needed are you going to dump to make room......forget the rest of the thread ......that's what I want to know ....just that
7 October 2013, 21:10,
Personally, we have some basic tools on our BOB's, but I think I'd actually grab my tomahawk. Got it today and it covers a few options, e.g. hammer and axe, also I like the feel of it as a weapon. We do have a few packs of seeds together in an elastic band above one of our bookshelves. Would just grab them and leave out the back. I think there are a pretty wide selection in there. Defo carrots, courgettes, beans, and a few others. Would like pumpkins too, so will probably be buying some of them in a few weeks time (payday).

We're looking to build a seed-case. It's nothing amazing, just a small case that we are going to fit a load of seeds in. Makes carrying them faster.

Ideally, I'd love some pulses, beans, and spinach! Keep you pretty full and well nutritioned (that's probably not a word).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 October 2013, 21:43,
If you have messed up, you have messed up,.. thats the end of it,...... go

This is the whole point of prepping, being prepared, you cant simply think of something new at the time of the emergency, you have already packed, your plan is in place,... to hell with everything else, if you have forgotten something hard luck

Never chance a plan at the time it needs to be executed
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 October 2013, 23:00,
I wouldn't ge grabbing anything but my pre prepared bags. The kids would be on their way with their backpacks, adults bigger packs and the rest would be left.

However, as has been said in this scenario, a prepared group against 6 people would have to be a serious consideration for an ambush. Sure send the kids away just in case but I have plans in place for securing the home. After a few weeks I would have moved and prepared a few other homes as well. I'd use one of them as an ambush point falling back to the next one. If you took out even one per point. I wouldn't let them get too far though if they ran. They would be back and I wouldn't want that with kids.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 October 2013, 00:56,
I'm with the majority on this one.

The scenario makes me feel like the hall monitor during a Chinese fire drill!
8 October 2013, 09:06,
I think with just 3 minutes warning its either just grab our bags, a weapon or two and leave- FAST, OR sit tight.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.