Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plant Pot Space Heater
10 October 2013, 10:11, (This post was last modified: 10 October 2013, 10:14 by Scythe13.)
Plant Pot Space Heater
I made 2 of these little beasties yesterday, took about 5 minutes. Couldn't find the 3 difference size pots, so I ended up just using 2 sizes. Small, and a little larger.

I'm quite impressed with the simplicity and everything, but the wife said that the pots didn't get hot, while I was at work. So she didn't bother putting them in the greenhouse. I got home and put them both in the greenhouse. Physics says that energy cannot be destroyed, only changed into another form. So it made scientific sense for the 2 pot-heaters to provide enough heat.

Does anyone have any experience with these and if so, can you please help me out?

I'm getting my thermometer on this. There must be something going on.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 October 2013, 11:36, (This post was last modified: 10 October 2013, 11:45 by Scythe13.)
RE: Plant Pot Space Heater
Just got my thermometer out on it. The reading was a steady 42.6 at the bottom and 42.7 at the top of the large pot. Nice bit or heat produced. Candle is still burning, but we'll see how long it radiates for.

Quick mod idea for the plant pot heater.

If you add an extra candle on to the top of the plant pot heater, you will get an immediate burst of heat, while you're waiting for the plant pot heater to start radiating. Also the increased carbon in the atmosphere will do plants a world of good if you plan on using them in the greenhouse, like I do.
10 October 2013, 15:03,
Have you a link or pics S13
10 October 2013, 15:10,
is it this type of thing?

http://www.axebros.com/candle-powered-space-heater/
10 October 2013, 15:24, (This post was last modified: 10 October 2013, 15:25 by Straight Shooter.)
many thanks UKS ......another job for me ....great post not seen this before, more posts like this please......I do believe we are getting back on track.......at last.

Sorry IKE!
11 October 2013, 09:11,
That's the one I-K-E.

I'll post up some pics if I get time.