Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ultra lightweight plastic sheet
11 October 2013, 04:59,
ultra lightweight plastic sheet
you can get ultra lightweight plastic sheet from diy superstore to protect the carpet when youre painting.me and my mates have used this stuff very successfully in shelter building in the woods.you have to be careful with it whilst building,but when youre done its really good except when it gets windy.i now keep some of it in my kit when really trying to save weight and/or space.any comments?
11 October 2013, 09:03,
RE: ultra lightweight plastic sheet
Do you mean the low tack floor protector on a roll or normal thin poly?
11 October 2013, 09:04,
I know the stuff you mean. I was given a load by a plasterer I know. Was looking at them for a temp poly-carb alternative. But as you said, wind is the issue. So I opted against them.

For me, I have a Basha, so am very happy to stick with that. But to make a little window front would be a cool thing. Extra cover for an A-frame maybe.

Not something I'll be packing, but it's some good thinking. Keep the ideas coming mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 October 2013, 09:09,
Plastic tarps are cheap enough and light your better getting one of those and good and strong in the wind ,makes more sense to make sure your warm and dry, keep them posts coming pal.
11 October 2013, 09:47,
The more I think about it, the better I think this idea is. The one's I'm thinking about really do weigh as little as a normal carrier bag, but for use in an A-frame/debris shelter they really do have a brilliant application. In which case, I think I might put a few in my GHB. I have an emergency shelter in it, but these would be really good if caught in a longer term 'stuck in situ' application.

Good post mate. Thank you.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin