Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Dinner Party Guest List
19 December 2011, 16:32,
Rainbow  Fantasy Dinner Party Guest List
I'm tired to the bone and fairly fed up with the prepping set up in the UK, so I thought to myself

" What would be the greatest possible list of dinners guests I could invite to a Fantasy dinner party?"

First naturally was Mel Tappan the father of the survivalist movement.
then I thought Ragnar Benson would be a superb guest, but after that I wanted to invite British icons in survivalism and preparedness.

So at the top of the table it would be Terry Nation (Wrote survivors) John Christopher (Wrote No blade of grass), then lining both sides of the table would be
Almach, Scoobie, Skean Dhude, Dark Vengence, John Locke, Nemesis and Bax ( yeah I know he's Canadian)

God I would just love to listen to those minds sharing the same table, it would be fabulous to just listen to them discuss Survivalism in a nice relaxed environment.

Anyway its unlikely to ever come to pass , SOOOO I'll just raise a glass of JD to them and toast their continued good health, and long me they keep serving our community.

19 December 2011, 17:30,
RE: Fantasy Dinner Party Guest List
first on my list would be Ray Mears, followed by Bear Grylls if only so we can take the p1ss out of him, then "Lofty" Wiseman, i'd invite John Seymour if he was still alive, then i'd fill all the remaining places with my homeless Traveller friends from Glastonbury-who could teach us all a thing or two about surviving on the road with little or no money and very few possessions.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 December 2011, 22:34,
Bugger, bugger, bugger I'm definately losing the plot, I managed to forget Dave Daws the guy who set up Ludlow SG from the fantasy list, and David Crossley the english PA writer as well.

20 December 2011, 01:30,
bigpaul i know a traveller who used to go to the fairs a bit of a hippy with dreadlocks and all
but this man has lived on the road for a long time doesn't scroonge money but works when he needs to and doesn't get any dhss gets buy on next to nothing and always has a smile on has face and isn't stoned as well now this mate isn't liked just because he choose to live differently from other people in the area but if they took the trouble to get to know him they could find the secret of happyness because he's got it and i would have him at my table any day so thiers another thing us only childs have in commin we don't judge a book by the cover
to win the war, you must be willing to die
20 December 2011, 10:06,
(20 December 2011, 01:30)grumpy old man Wrote: bigpaul i know a traveller who used to go to the fairs a bit of a hippy with dreadlocks and all
but this man has lived on the road for a long time doesn't scroonge money but works when he needs to and doesn't get any dhss gets buy on next to nothing and always has a smile on has face and isn't stoned as well now this mate isn't liked just because he choose to live differently from other people in the area but if they took the trouble to get to know him they could find the secret of happyness because he's got it and i would have him at my table any day so thiers another thing us only childs have in commin we don't judge a book by the cover

yes, Grumpy, we spent 10 years living in Glastonbury and got to know all the "alternatives" at the local drop in centre( open 1 or 2 days a week for hot meals) and a very interesting bunch they were.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 December 2011, 15:34,
It's all down to the individual. Some people are realistic and others not. Most people now are of the unrealistic bent.

I'd love to meet Ragnar Benson. I used to communicate with Uncle Fester a few years ago. Very interesting character.

There are so many interesting people that I wouldn't know who to invite but it wouldn't be writers of fiction.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 December 2011, 15:40,
(20 December 2011, 15:34)Skean Dhude Wrote: There are so many interesting people that I wouldn't know who to invite but it wouldn't be writers of fiction.

Oh I dunno bout that Jim Rawles is both a writer of fiction and a good survivalist, David Crossley over here is another fiction Writer and prepper as well.

20 December 2011, 18:06,
NR,

They are survivalists first. I meant though JUST writers of fiction.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 December 2011, 19:38,
(20 December 2011, 18:06)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR,

They are survivalists first. I meant though JUST writers of fiction.

Yarp, with you now Smile