Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHEEPLE!!!
14 October 2013, 22:05,
RE: SHEEPLE!!!
My kids wouldn't have a clue without someone to take charge or tutor them, its a generational thing...most kids don't do sports/build dens/climb tree's/fish/hunt with airifles/build trolleys/ have adventures/scrump or any of the myriad activities we had in our childhoods and i'm not just talking teenagers people in there 20's and 30's didn't either....outdoorsyness(made up word)has all but dissapeared from childs lives now....these people have lost touch with the real world and they live there life vicariosly in the digital realm......i think a huge section of young society whilst reasonably fit and moderately healthy are going to be found wanting in hands on tasks and problem solving/improvising.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
15 October 2013, 11:55,
anyone under 40 has never lived without supermarkets, most people have never lived without electricity, most people seem to be unable to live without mobile phones, only a few people have any idea of what food can be foraged, go fishing or go shooting, most people have never camped( i'm not including motorhomes, or registered campsites with shower blocks and flushing toilets Tongue), most people go on foreign holidays where their every whim is catered for. everything goes TU most people wont have a clue and they will not survive, first cold winter snap with no heating and you will see the death toll rise to unbelievable numbers.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 October 2013, 12:26,
(15 October 2013, 11:55)bigpaul Wrote: anyone under 40 has never lived without supermarkets, most people have never lived without electricity, most people seem to be unable to live without mobile phones, only a few people have any idea of what food can be foraged, go fishing or go shooting, most people have never camped( i'm not including motorhomes, or registered campsites with shower blocks and flushing toilets Tongue), most people go on foreign holidays where their every whim is catered for. everything goes TU most people wont have a clue and they will not survive, first cold winter snap with no heating and you will see the death toll rise to unbelievable numbers.

with all due respect bud, i'm quite a bit under 40, and we grew up without a supermarket, suffered regular power cuts and got cut off from any transport during some of the bad winters.

i think the people camping is underestimated, if you consider how many young people have access to tents, and take a drive up the glens round here from march - october, you'll see that to be a grave undersestimate.

our eastern european cousins that are flooding in are expert foragers.

i don't think the big "die off" is going to be as bad as everyine thinks
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 October 2013, 13:42,
my remarks were made with respect to MOST people, and MOST people haven't got a clue, MOST people don't know where their food comes from:"Duh, the supermarket?" MOST people haven't got more than 3 days-a week at most- food supply in the house, MOST people don't have backup lighting, heating and cooking. DONT give sheeple too much credit...maybe a few inner city gang members might survive..but your ordinary sheeple will die in droves once TSHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 October 2013, 16:43,
(15 October 2013, 13:42)bigpaul Wrote: DONT give sheeple too much credit.

To be fair mate, I'd say quite the opposite. MAKE SURE that you DO give them more credit than you believe they are due. Overestimating a threat and taking actings against it is going to have you better prepared, and is much better than underestimating a threat, and taking very little action against it.

If you give them more credit, all you are doing is enhancing your chances of survival. If you give them too little credit (and it turns out they are due much more credit) then you are potentially lowering your preparedness against them.

Does that seem like a reasonable thought process?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 October 2013, 16:46,
(15 October 2013, 16:43)Scythe13 Wrote:
(15 October 2013, 13:42)bigpaul Wrote: DONT give sheeple too much credit.

To be fair mate, I'd say quite the opposite. MAKE SURE that you DO give them more credit than you believe they are due. Overestimating a threat and taking actings against it is going to have you better prepared, and is much better than underestimating a threat, and taking very little action against it.

If you give them more credit, all you are doing is enhancing your chances of survival. If you give them too little credit (and it turns out they are due much more credit) then you are potentially lowering your preparedness against them.

Does that seem like a reasonable thought process?

maybe in a big city or even a large town but where I live? NAH! most of them couldn't find their arses with both hands!Big Grin
15 October 2013, 17:14,
(15 October 2013, 16:46)bigpaul Wrote: maybe in a big city or even a large town but where I live? NAH! most of them couldn't find their arses with both hands!Big Grin

You have to remember not everyone is in your situation mate. You need to think about the 'sheeple' in other people's areas and help them out.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 October 2013, 17:22, (This post was last modified: 15 October 2013, 17:25 by bigpaul.)
(15 October 2013, 17:14)Scythe13 Wrote:
(15 October 2013, 16:46)bigpaul Wrote: maybe in a big city or even a large town but where I live? NAH! most of them couldn't find their arses with both hands!Big Grin

You have to remember not everyone is in your situation mate. You need to think about the 'sheeple' in other people's areas and help them out.

yes I know, but its going to be vastly different from where I live to say a big city, I still don't think MOST(95%) of sheeple will have a clue, they've never lived without electricity, in my whole life I have only met one person who has lived without leccy-and I married her !!!Big Grin I think most sheeple will be panicking and running around screaming, some may take part in looting-but how long will that last, not long, the stores will be emptied in a few hours..what then? no, I still say, apart from a few smelly candles the sheeple are going to be unprepared for TSHTF and without heating, lighting and cooking come winter they are going to die in their hundreds if not thousands.

as we all know, between 2015 and 2017 the lights will be going out , one by one the old power stations are being shut down(EU laws dontcha know!Tongue) and they aren't being replaced, so first power brownouts, then power rationing, then power cuts, eventually power goes off...and its NEVER coming back on!!
15 October 2013, 19:41,
Do I need to tell you the story of a fox that was pecked to death by hens? Anything in enough numbers, even ants are deadly.

"Sheeple" (how I hate that term) are human beings with self-preservation and thoughts are probably your greatest threat because people, when situations get tough human beings adapt. (I don't know how people can seriously use that term.)
Positively Pessimistic
15 October 2013, 20:45,
Sjeeple is used to id the ordinary civilian who watches the world callapse around them and gives no thought to it. They watch the TV and listen to our lying politicians telling them it is OK when those same politicians have lied time after time. I think it is apt but as we have said do not underestimate them.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin