Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHEEPLE!!!
15 October 2013, 21:04,
RE: SHEEPLE!!!
I've never seen someone actually do that. I see and hear people worrying all the time. I just think we're doing something about it.
Positively Pessimistic
16 October 2013, 09:18,
I cannot agree that Sheeple have self preservation in mind, otherwise they would be preppers not sheeple wouldn't they?? no they will wait until everything goes to hell around them then suddenly wake up(too late) to the reality of it all. whilst looting might be a temporary "fix" to their circumstances it is only that-temporary- looted food will only last so long-and how much of their "ill gotten gains" can they carry anyway. what they do once their looted food is gone is what we should be worried about! what do they do then? where do they go then? do they stay or do they go?? you can probably plot lines of "refugee" or looter drift in your own areas on a map- I know I have. or maybe they all go to government "rescue centres" like they did in America, that's if OUR stupid govt have got any set up by then that is, or maybe we are all on our own? anyway without (non electric) heating, lighting and cooking watch for the "die off" to start, the very old, the very frail and the very young to start with.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 October 2013, 09:31,
I get what you're saying there BP. One thing I'd put to note, the 'sheeple' self preservation instinct is only focused on the immediate survival. You agree that they'll loot. When they do that their immediate survival isn't a question. They're not hungry or thirsty, so they go for the iPads and Trainers. However, they will still use that same mentality "I'll go get what I want, however I want." to loot supermarkets and the alike, when they 'need' to. Although their survival instinct isn't as forward looking as ours, they still have some instinct. It just happens to be more of a here and now instinct.

You're very right though. After easy food is gone, it's the threat that they pose that we're all looking at in this thread.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 October 2013, 09:38, (This post was last modified: 16 October 2013, 10:27 by bigpaul.)
(16 October 2013, 09:31)Scythe13 Wrote: I get what you're saying there BP. One thing I'd put to note, the 'sheeple' self preservation instinct is only focused on the immediate survival. You agree that they'll loot. When they do that their immediate survival isn't a question. They're not hungry or thirsty, so they go for the iPads and Trainers. However, they will still use that same mentality "I'll go get what I want, however I want." to loot supermarkets and the alike, when they 'need' to. Although their survival instinct isn't as forward looking as ours, they still have some instinct. It just happens to be more of a here and now instinct.

You're very right though. After easy food is gone, it's the threat that they pose that we're all looking at in this thread.

yes, we have to consider what they will do then, where will they go? will they actually leave their homes-the places they know best? or will they loot and scavenge out from their location but return home afterwards? or will they actually leave and go elsewhere? and where will they go? this is where knowing our areas and knowing the lines of possible refugee drift comes into play.

and without having a SPECIFIC BOL to go to that is what they are: REFUGEES! and that is what seperates preppers from sheeple(as in "never become a refugee!")
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 October 2013, 10:35,
Personally, I do see a certain 'Jeremy Kyle' class of people not venturing out too far from their kids. Many 'stay home mums' that are on the dole, will do exactly that. I think they'll scavenge out a small distance, damaging neighbours homes and the alike, but I can't see them venturing too far into the woods or outside of their towns/cities.

Having said that, there are many more that will. Especially young males. Those are the ones that I believe will cause a huge issue and will venture out further. The bigger the group of them, the further they'll venture.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 October 2013, 10:59,
(16 October 2013, 10:35)Scythe13 Wrote: Personally, I do see a certain 'Jeremy Kyle' class of people not venturing out too far from their kids. Many 'stay home mums' that are on the dole, will do exactly that. I think they'll scavenge out a small distance, damaging neighbours homes and the alike, but I can't see them venturing too far into the woods or outside of their towns/cities.

Having said that, there are many more that will. Especially young males. Those are the ones that I believe will cause a huge issue and will venture out further. The bigger the group of them, the further they'll venture.

yes, I agree. then you have to decide where they will go, what direction, likely areas where they will go for "supplies"/looting? then you can take avoiding action to mitigate any confrontation.
16 October 2013, 16:43,
You know, a refugee is someone who leaves their country due to disaster. A displaced civilian is one that stays in their country but has to leave their home.

I mean, what's kinda bothering me is how we're viewing non-preppers, we're depersonalizing them and talking about them like they're animals rather than human beings... But I suppose once you get a group of people in a stressful situation diffusion of responsibility takes place.
Positively Pessimistic
16 October 2013, 16:55,
(16 October 2013, 16:43)Kiril Wrote: You know, a refugee is someone who leaves their country due to disaster. A displaced civilian is one that stays in their country but has to leave their home.

I mean, what's kinda bothering me is how we're viewing non-preppers, we're depersonalizing them and talking about them like they're animals rather than human beings... But I suppose once you get a group of people in a stressful situation diffusion of responsibility takes place.

I think we're getting into semantics here, I don't personally care what we call NON preppers but we have to realise that they can be a hazard to our own survival if we don't act accordingly. anyone who dosent prep will be looking either for a hand out or to TAKE from others who have had the wisdom to organise for their future survival,(rather than having foreign holidays or the latest gadget) any food we give away or have robbed(yes that's the word) from us will lesten our own families chance of survival.
16 October 2013, 18:31,
I prefer the term, the Unprepared In Denial."

It is more politically correct than the Yiddish "malbushim," in English roughly
"empty suits..." http://www.veoh.com/watch/v63262042Eq9PDkA

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
16 October 2013, 20:19,
It sounds like we're holding them in contempt. Like they're bad people for simply, not prepping. It's irresponsible and foolish to expect things to be clean sailing and for history to not repeat itself in our part of the world.
Positively Pessimistic