Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lpg genny
16 October 2013, 00:05,
RE: lpg genny
(15 October 2013, 16:21)CharlesHarris Wrote: Unless you have CO detectors I would not run any genset indoors, regardless of how good you thought your ventilation was. After Katrina and Rita when performing welfare checks on people sheltering in place early stage CO poisoning was common in cases where people ran portable gensets in carports under a dwelling, with the beadroom overhead, even though the garage door was open. Fortunately we were able to measure the CO and get the people out of their houses before anyone died, and use positive pressure ventilation to air out the houses, but others were not so lucky.

Best for OPSEC is an adequate solar power array to power a large DC/AC inverter. A good setup for an average house is four L16 6-volt wet lead-acid goldcart batteries totalling about 420 amp/hours, rigged in two series/parallel circuits to provide 12 VDC outpout, being solar charged with with a bank of ten Siemens SM20 panels, connected to a suitable charge controller. This will provide about 1Kw continuous duty for small devices and emergency lighting and can provide 2Kw surge capacity for short periods.
Noted, thanks
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
16 October 2013, 04:35,
RE: lpg genny
I appologise for my poor typing, and resulting misspellings which I was unable to edit after posting the message.

For clarification, in case there was any confusion:

I was referring to attached garages or carports adjacent to a bedroom.
L16 batteries are commonly used in the US to power golf carts.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA