Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tree Identification
15 October 2013, 08:37,
Tree Identification
Just got back from my morning run, and was frustrated that I knew a plant but just could put a name to it. It was doing my head in. Like when you know a conker tree isn't called a conker tree. But then you look it up and realise it's a horse-chestnut. Same as that situation but with a Sycamore. I couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me. What's the point of this story? The point is this link: http://www.cheviot-trees.co.uk/products%...sters.html

It's a real beauty for when you can't remember a tree name, or if you decide to print it out and use it for tree identification. It's a really good visual guide.

Hope that helps those looking to learn 1 plant a day.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 October 2013, 08:49,
RE: Tree Identification
thanks Scythe I'll be printing these out to help teach the little one about the different trees when she's old enough and it will be good as a refresher for me Smile
15 October 2013, 09:33,
There are some good books on tree, plant and fungi id at the works for £1.99. I have a set of those.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 October 2013, 11:46, (This post was last modified: 15 October 2013, 11:48 by Straight Shooter.)
Very helpful post ....thanks ALL

Now this stuff is the reason I'm here great post S13