Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will you hide yourself?
25 October 2013, 18:57,
RE: How will you hide yourself?
was chatting in the pub to SD about this the other day i was saying i was worried about how obvious an array of panels are and could be a bit of a come on for some ...SD tells me there are panels in development that look like black roof tiles...this will help address the problem...money/space no object i would put my array in the back garden at ground level with a nicely trimmed hedge around it camoflaging it.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
26 October 2013, 15:31,
The solar roof tiles and the array hidden in the garden are fair ideas, but what is the answer for hiding the wind turbine and the tower mast for the Ham?
26 October 2013, 15:41,
Put the turbine on a mast and only deploy it when needed and run the antenna along the wall or between buildings at height.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 October 2013, 16:58,
............ or run the antenna along inside your loft,... the chances are it would cause neighbors interference now, but ashtf that wont matter

We would plan to lower the turbine mast during daylight hours,...its all we can do really
A major part of survival is invisibility.
26 October 2013, 17:40,
TBH I don't think there is anything that sets our house apart from any of the others, sure there are some fruit bushes in the front garden but their all mixed in with other foliage so I don't think anyone would know they were there and anyway this time of year its all pruned down anyway. same crappy windows as everyone else( window blinds are being fitted on Monday), same crappy front door as everyone else (Housing Association), we are not overlooked either front or back, if anything WE are the ones doing the overlooking!Big Grin as far as our BOL is concerned that's on a rural back road, over a mile from any other road, and only 2 other properties(well away from the BOL) plenty of firewood, game and water...looks like any other old rural cottage, very overgrown and run down.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 October 2013, 00:59,
I live in a rather safe place but myself, my family and our neighbours could turn our place into a fortress if needed.
27 October 2013, 15:56,
During the 1990's Yugoslavian/Balkans war, the state of the buildings in the war ravaged cities was dire. Earlier in the conflict, many of the suburbs were still intact. 6 months later UN personnel would often find whole suburbs just blackened shells. Not shell damage - just ethnic cleansing or forced to move out and the buildings torched. While in the UK we might not expect a war, the scenario of whole neighbourhoods being ravaged or systematically or accidentally burnt out is a real threat. Whether the domestic dwellings in the Yugoslav wars were in the centre or outskirts of cities, the spread of dereliction and disrepair of dwellings continued until most places in the city area were affected. This could easily have a parallel in a UK alternative scenario. No water, no food, no fuel or heating. The situation was dire. There was always the danger of neighbours "ratting" on each other to whoever was viewed as the local authority about perceived actions or motives of their neighbours in an effort to gain favour themselves. Some neighbours helped each other but ones own family over rode everything and beyond that personal survival was a strong basic emotion.
As for people sticking together, well what do you think the UN loadmasters in the back of the C130 transport aircraft would have thought if they had realised that the food aid they were deploying at night by parachute over the countryside surrounding these war torn cities, was being fought over in the fields below by the civilians of the cities and the various armed factions roaming their respective zones. The civilians could be seen coming onto the streets at dusk and traipsing along the roads out of the city wrapped in large winter coats, men and women alike. Concealed underneath their coats were knives, hatchets, cleavers - anything they could get their hands on to carry underneath. Once out in the fields at night, some of these self same citizens who inhabited the city by night were hacking each other apart in the fields below the overflying C130's in their quest to find and obtain food for themselves and their families to survive a few nights more. It was horrific and there were reliable eyewitness accounts within UN forces stationed there at the time. The civilians not only had to compete with each other, but also the armed military factions looking for the same supplies and they were often traversing terrain that had been land mined - unbeknown to them?. Such actions vividly show the powerful Human survival instinct, the competing motives on an individual and at group level and also the effects of a society in accelerated breakdown.
I absolutely recommend "The Trusted Mole" by Milos Stankovic. A British Para working as a "Liason Officer" for the British UN general in the Bosnian wars. There is some very useful info within the book for preppers that is hard to find elsewhere. Regards, TL.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"