Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compact folding survival bow (heavy with pictures)
2 February 2014, 12:41,
RE: compact folding survival bow (heavy with pictures)
The riser is made from solid Aluminium TL so it should handle anything. I think there is more chance of the limbs failing than the handle section (riser). This bow has the potential to be a very good emergency type weapon with a little bit more R&D. If the riser section was designed to have a more refined hand grip, like you find on Recurves and Flatbows it would make the bow easier to handle and more comfortable to shoot. Looking at this bow you can see it has a good deep centre cut design where the arrow passes, this means you can use a wider variety of arrows, as the "Archers Paradox" is not as noticeable on these designs.
I would shorten the riser (and mass) by a few inches, this would allow me to fit slightly longer limbs and keep the same overall length. These longer limbs would solve the "stacking" and make the bow smooth to shoot with reduced hand shock.
I wonder if I could make my own with a 3D printer? now there's a thoughtIdea
2 February 2014, 17:11,
(2 February 2014, 12:41)Tartar Horde Wrote: I wonder if I could make my own with a 3D printer? now there's a thoughtIdea

I can't see why not. The plastic is evidently pretty strong.

Have you a 3D printer? I have the schematics for something else you can print on one of those hidden away in my archives somewhere.
3 March 2014, 21:23,
iv just ordered one of these bad boy from go primal them selves in the states carnt wait. wish me luck as im new to archery of this kind lol