Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compact folding survival bow (heavy with pictures)
26 October 2013, 07:05,
RE: compact folding survival bow (heavy with pictures)
I'm loving the look of this bow, but my archery skills suck, at this moment in time i'd have more success if i threw it!

Deffo keeping this on the shopping list, even for the dircreet prepper who has a nosey OH, this can be hidden almost anywhere in the house!

(26 October 2013, 06:00)Tigs Wrote: bp its only £600 and that's the family sorted for Christmas ! ( plus a gift for me )

found a better vid on the bow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8WZe887AKQ

are you looking to adopt? haha, it'd make a change from socks and gift vouchers for shops i'd never go in to!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
26 October 2013, 09:54,
(26 October 2013, 06:00)Tigs Wrote: bp its only £600 and that's the family sorted for Christmas ! ( plus a gift for me )

its out of my price range!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 October 2013, 01:33,
folding bow is to much money. you want a simple re-curve and practice everyday with it. if your out in the wild learn to use your knife and how to create a bow from a piece of willow.
30 January 2014, 22:40,
Anyone know what other companies in the uk sell this bow as I'm having trouble finding anywhere.
Looks like a good bit of kit.

I see your point Controversy but if your in a SHTF situation you don't want to be trying to carve a bow you want one in your hand ready to use. Hopefully this one will be hard wearing as well.
31 January 2014, 10:14,
you can make a bow out of any bendy stick, it wont last too long but you can be making a better one during the time you are using that one, i made a bow out of a hazel rod on a bow making course, took about 5 hours in total including lunch!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 January 2014, 16:21,
Nice bit of kit that is. Very nice.

Hhmmmmm, may have to treat myself.
31 January 2014, 17:51,
what again???Big Grin
31 January 2014, 18:37,
(31 January 2014, 17:51)bigpaul Wrote: what again???Big Grin

[Image: chewbacca%252520loreal%252520because%252...imgmax=800]
1 February 2014, 14:30,
The basic concept of the bow is a good idea, and at £120 you could say it's worth a try. Reading the report supplied in NR's link I see the bow "stacks" quite a bit. When a bow is said to "stack" it means as you pull the bow it will get progressively harder and reach a point where it "feels" like the limbs won't draw any further. This will make the bow a little less sweeter to shoot, but once you get used to it it shouldn't make much difference.
But God it is uglyTongue
1 February 2014, 17:35,
It looks rather skinny around the hand grip area. I wonder how it will stand up to round the clock use in the field? [/u]
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"