Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency Snow Shovel
27 October 2013, 10:48,
RE: Emergency Snow Shovel
Its funny that it is being advertised as a snow shovel when it is an American trenching tool, [ shovel and pick ],.. like the British Military folding shovel, although ours doesn't have the pick,...I think that you will find, its not the best tool for clearing snow because of the pointed shovel........... although having said that, I carry the British equivalent in my car
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 October 2013, 12:29,
As snow is a lot lighter than earth it is more efficient to use a bigger scoop and shift a bigger volume in each shovel full.
27 October 2013, 12:57,
This is the usual question quality over quantity. For £5 I get something that will do but it isn't the best build quality. For ten times that I get something that is unlikely to break but they still might and they are more likely to get taken by a third party. I'll take care with it when I'm using it and atm it isn't going to be a life or death situation. After TSHTF I have other tools that are more appropriate.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 October 2013, 13:29,
Been looking in the garage and sheds today .....got some bits ....think I,ll make one or two
27 October 2013, 13:32,
why not just cut down an old shovel , cheaper than chips...Smile
Survive the jive (youtube )
27 October 2013, 14:59,
If it is to carry in a vehicle or use at home then weight is certainly less of an issue, and something heavier is probably going to be stronger. It's only when you are going to carry it on your back that every ounce counts. If you want to cut down an old shovel I would look around for a coke shovel. Not been able to find anything much on line but a car boot sale may turn up something.