Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economy & Weather Change.
27 October 2013, 17:09,
RE: Economy & Weather Change.
Does this mean I have to throw away my "Stop Global Warming!" sweatshirt?
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
27 October 2013, 17:09,
Okay, ready for some fun facts?

Unemployment is calculated by the number of people who sign up and pick up their job seekers allowance each week. How odd, being in a zero hour contract, and working 4 hours a week, actually qualifies you for other benefits, but not job seekers allowance. The same if you work zero hours, but are technically 'employed'. No JSA. Therefore, you are not a figure.

WOAH!!! Wait a minute, didn't the gov change job seekers to a 2 week payment? Magically halving the unemployment figure! Add to this the increasing shutting down of job centres, and the alike, and you magically have a much lower unemployment figure. Let's pretend there are no docked figures though, and you're still working at a minimum of 50% untruth.

Okay, time for inflation. There is something called Substitution, which the gov uses when calculating inflation. This principle alone totally screws the inflation rate. Let's say you eat 1 steak a week, value £8.00 from the shops. The next month the cost is £9.00. So the inflation rate should reflect a £1.00 rise on the £8.00, right? Giving 12.5%, right? WRONG!!! Substitution raises it's head and says that because £9.00 is too much, you'll change that steak for Chicken Breast, at £6.00, thus adding a sneaky -25% reduction, which then offsets increases in other foods. Isn't that a magical trick?

Want to see some more 'inflationary' magic? So, even though the potatoes, and apples have increased by 28%, you actually have only 1% increase in cost (they take the average increase, then subtract the average decrease, and divide by the total number of items, in this example 28% minus 25% giving 3%, then divided by 3, giving +1%...which is the amount the meal has increased by....URM...no wait a minute...that kind of maths would make you fail your GCSE's.....). Pretty crazy hu?

As for weather and the alike, everyone is talking about this weather model and that one, but ALL the weather models are by default...inaccurate. I'm not talking about our lack of ability to predict the weather...because that's well documented. I'm talking about our lack of understanding about how Cloud Seeding, and other GeoEngineering things will effect global weather. Maybe we are heading into a huge weather change, and climate change this, 333/666 model that, but the truth is, there is no way to tell what kind of effect man made weather manipulation is having! I'm not going to quote any 'odd' references. Only show people about documented cases, e.g. the Chinese gov manipulating the weather for the olympics by cloud seeding...FACT...look it up.

The truth is, our inflation figures are miles off. Our unemployment is far from accurate. Our weather is being played with and the consequences of that are beyond our ability to gauge.

When it all comes down to it, we are playing with things we have no idea of what the far-reaching effects could be. We are running through a dark hallway with our eyes closed, and thinking we'll be able to make it through, because the hall is never ending. When in reality, our eyes are closed, the hall is pitch black, and we can't see a single thing.

The best that we can do is educate ourselves to the dangers, risks, and how we can prep for them.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 October 2013, 17:30,
I agree with you with regard to economy being a major threat - and yes also regarding inflation. It is well known that the inflation rate is a con -

If you look at what they put in the "basket" to calculate inflation as Rush2112 rightly says it does not include the basics that people everyday use and need to use. A truer working of inflation would be to take the so called "average wage" the UK government advises of £26k per year and list all the basics that the average household has to pay out, rent/mortage, utilities, tv licence, council tax, phone line, broadband, travel, food if you take the national average of these things and and divide by the average wage of £26k - inflation is not 2.7% CPI and 3.3% RPI, it would be significantly closer to 15- 20%.

No government is going to admit this - the whole system is perpetuated by one lie after the other, to deliberately have society in a coma.

As preppers we fundamentally know that governments spin the the truth (if any) and that inflation is significantly worse than being reported by the media and the government - when last did you hear the RPI rate of inflation - the commerical media only report inflation based on the CPI - both of which are incorrect anyhow.

Our job is to prepare for when the lie can be told anymore and everything truly comes crashing down.
3 November 2013, 18:18,
Guys don't worry. Mark Carney is here to save us. He is the new Bank of England Governor and he is a Keynesian! He can create money out of thin air! He is also friends with Yellen, Bernanke and Greenspan. Don't worry Big Grin
5 November 2013, 01:02,
Although we are told day to day that food is much more expensive and the same for energy, I am not seeing any statistically significant rise in people starving to death or dying through fuel poverty.

Take steps to prep a supply of food that can be used to supplement what you can afford should food become much more expensive. Take steps to prep a heating source should things like gas become short supply or much more expensive.

Best advice I can give is things never get more expensive from a cost of labour point of view if you learn to do them yourself. Every time you pay purely for a service, rather than purely for goods, you are throwing money away. Save this money and spend it on assets, rather than liabilities (some thing that will never earn money for you, but will cost you money for having).

Ignore and discard such thoughts that certain groups or sections of society are trying to drag you down, use those energies to pull yourself up.
5 November 2013, 10:19,
(5 November 2013, 01:02)BDG Wrote: Every time you pay purely for a service, rather than purely for goods, you are throwing money away. Save this money and spend it on assets, rather than liabilities (some thing that will never earn money for you, but will cost you money for having).

Well said. I won't go into too much detail as it's not prep related, but I had the same sort of discussion with someone the other day. Stop the cigs, cancel the sky tv & the mobile phone contracts & see if you are still struggling as much after that. How anyone can blow £150 a month on non-essentials then claim poverty is beyond me.