Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government Evacuation in Times of War/National Emergency
28 October 2013, 21:46,
RE: Government Evacuation in Times of War/National Emergency
I know that the Highlands of Scotland didn't take on evacuees during the war, cost and travel limitations were an issue, although I think they did in the lowlands,..and I am sure that those reasons would still be valid today

If there was to be any real plans to do this, then there has to be plans to feed them, and again I am not sure if the ptb would pay out for it, it would all be a massive amount of money, for bo real gain, because everyone would be in the same boat

Also as preppers I am sure that if there was any chance of taking on someone else we would make sure that it was either friends or family they could only hope to place a person if there was room for someone

The document is more than 7 years old, and is probably well out of date by now,..and mention of evacuating takes up a very small part of the document,.. so I doubt it would ever happen again
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 October 2013, 21:51,
(28 October 2013, 21:43)MaryN Wrote: Well, it's not the same as WW!!. I can't remember exactly how many people are supposed to be in the UK - was it 60million-ish? Even if only a small percentage of the population was displaced it wouldn't make any sense for the PTB to start humping folks all over the place. It would incur massive resentment, and if you think about it, what would you do with them all, and how would you achieve it anyway? You could hardly be expected to feed and house hoardes of people when you were probably in the same predicament. This is not a "Mister Tom" scenario.
I was using WW2 as an example because it is the last time that something like that happened. If I was a government high official, I would not want hoardes of people on the streets with no homes and given the suddenness of an event, I could well see the police/army commandeering residential homes for at least temporary housing for those displaced as a result of an event/s.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
28 October 2013, 21:54,
(28 October 2013, 21:51)LawAbidingCitizen Wrote:
(28 October 2013, 21:43)MaryN Wrote: Well, it's not the same as WW!!. I can't remember exactly how many people are supposed to be in the UK - was it 60million-ish? Even if only a small percentage of the population was displaced it wouldn't make any sense for the PTB to start humping folks all over the place. It would incur massive resentment, and if you think about it, what would you do with them all, and how would you achieve it anyway? You could hardly be expected to feed and house hoardes of people when you were probably in the same predicament. This is not a "Mister Tom" scenario.
I was using WW2 as an example because it is the last time that something like that happened. If I was a government high official, I would not want hoardes of people on the streets with no homes and given the suddenness of an event, I could well see the police/army commandeering residential homes for at least temporary housing for those displaced as a result of an event/s.

I can see what you mean, but traditionally this has usually been done with tented camp,...all over the world,.. I personally cant see it happening at all, but if it did, this would be about as much as they would do, they simply wouldn't have the time or the money to do anything more
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 October 2013, 22:01,
(28 October 2013, 21:54)Highlander Wrote:
(28 October 2013, 21:51)LawAbidingCitizen Wrote:

I can see what you mean, but traditionally this has usually been done with tented camp,...all over the world,.. I personally cant see it happening at all, but if it did, this would be about as much as they would do, they simply wouldn't have the time or the money to do anything more
Yes I can see that would be likely in the early days of an event/s, but if it were to be prolonged I could see it at least being attempted.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
29 October 2013, 10:17,
you ever tried housing just 1 extra person in a modern semi detached? this place is small enough for the 2 of us-we cant both fit in the kitchen together, we can put up wife's nephew on a visit-sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag but there is no room for a spare bed!!Big Grin nope, this idea is not workable for several reasons, the best TPTB can do is either "shelter in place" stay home and use soup kitchens etc or move the affected people to a tented village- a bit like you see for the displaced Syrians on the telly.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 October 2013, 10:21,
I'm waiting for them to build large camps like FEMA has done. Then I'll reconsider my options.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 October 2013, 15:10,
Just look for a big factory with a large car park.

That is what all the U-tube videos promoted as FEMA camps turn out to be. One camp that was filmed near me was a frozen pizza factory. I recognized another as the large Nissan Factory car park and building filmed during their vacation closure. Another turned out to be a large shipping terminal. We have thousands of square miles of fenced in and abandoned industrial infrastructure over here since the recession hit. All of them make excellent bogus FEMA film.

During recent civil uprisings TPTB have found that sports arenas make the best temporary containment facilities for large crowds. Over here almost every city has a 20k-60k (sometimes 100k) facility with excellent fences, and crowd control planning incorporated in the design. They even have the big mega-tron so them can show 24/7 propaganda films.
29 October 2013, 17:15,
The government will be too busy looking after itself, to give a second thought to the masses.

WaylanderUndecided
29 October 2013, 17:34,
TPTB do NOT care about the masses.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 October 2013, 18:52,
What if the SHTF scenario is the roundup of large groups of preppers, plucked from the masses, by a government that is intact and in full control?