Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government Evacuation in Times of War/National Emergency
30 October 2013, 23:11,
RE: Government Evacuation in Times of War/National Emergency
if it's country wide or world wide emergency there is no place to evacuate to. There's no good place to go to, and would take too much resources. Now in regards to a more localized situation, yes there will be relief / refugee camps. That is close to worst case scenario IMO.

I agree with LawAbiding and could see a scenario where families are forced to take others in. Maybe a severe incident at a nuclear plant that forces mass evacuation. They have to go somewhere afterall.

Dont think there would be much you could do to hide your preps if your living in close quarters with someone unless maybe you had a forbidden room. that sounds kind of creepy though. Even if you had seperate buildings you may be better off to share and bring them on your side. If they have no food but observe you dont seem to be hungry there will be trouble. If you dont share then they run off and tell others you have food. Maybe better to talk it over and say something like " look we have a little food saved, its hardly anything, but we want to share it for as long as it lasts. We have to keep it quiet though because we have very little." IMO better to share with the residents than have them run off and bring a mob. Then you lose everything.

just my thoughts
30 October 2013, 23:37,
(30 October 2013, 23:11)Rush2112 Wrote: if it's country wide or world wide emergency there is no place to evacuate to. There's no good place to go to, and would take too much resources. Now in regards to a more localized situation, yes there will be relief / refugee camps. That is close to worst case scenario IMO.

I agree with LawAbiding and could see a scenario where families are forced to take others in. Maybe a severe incident at a nuclear plant that forces mass evacuation. They have to go somewhere afterall.

Dont think there would be much you could do to hide your preps if your living in close quarters with someone unless maybe you had a forbidden room. that sounds kind of creepy though. Even if you had seperate buildings you may be better off to share and bring them on your side. If they have no food but observe you dont seem to be hungry there will be trouble. If you dont share then they run off and tell others you have food. Maybe better to talk it over and say something like " look we have a little food saved, its hardly anything, but we want to share it for as long as it lasts. We have to keep it quiet though because we have very little." IMO better to share with the residents than have them run off and bring a mob. Then you lose everything.

just my thoughts
Thanks for that, pretty much my thoughts also. So you could have a stash that you show and a stash that's perhaps hidden somewhere else, maybe in a BOL where you could go off and have a secret munch?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
31 October 2013, 09:16,
Really if possible, you should be able to have people stay with you, and never see your stores,.. if they are on easy show, then they could easily be confiscated by tptb in times of emergencies, the idea is to [ if poss ] to hide them where they will not be found,... we have visitors regular, and unless I show anything, no-one has ever found any, even though they have been within a few feet of them..... believe me I have a son-in-law who would eat us out of house and home, and goes looking for food, he would never find my stores, and he knows we prep

So this thread has brought up another good point, it is very possible that Police, on government order might well confiscate food in times of need, to pool it and try and save as many lives as possible,... something that we must think about
A major part of survival is invisibility.
31 October 2013, 10:37,
(30 October 2013, 17:43)Sunna Wrote: thats why their bringing back national service, plenty of troops for goverment control. sorry to help us...Undecided

Forgive me Sunna but this is not true. If you are talking about that Private Members Bill recently, it never got past the second reading. It never was. It was never supported by HMG and had no chance of being enacted into law.

Allons-y
31 October 2013, 12:22,
(30 October 2013, 23:37)LawAbidingCitizen Wrote:
(30 October 2013, 23:11)Rush2112 Wrote:
Thanks for that, pretty much my thoughts also. So you could have a stash that you show and a stash that's perhaps hidden somewhere else, maybe in a BOL where you could go off and have a secret munch?

yeah, something like that. Charles Harris has brought up a couple times the importance of caching supplies in multiple locations and I subscribe to that too.

BP- I've had folks stay with us and not see anything, you're right with the points brought up. But we're really talking about more long term I think. Also, when people stay with you I bet they aren't barely surviving on govt rations while you eat well. That situation will cause friction.
31 October 2013, 14:29,
you can forget about TPTB going door to door confiscating food stores, they haven't got the manpower or the time, what they will do is take over and control the supermarkets and the supermarket distribution warehouses.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 October 2013, 14:56,
(31 October 2013, 10:37)River Song Wrote:
(30 October 2013, 17:43)Sunna Wrote: thats why their bringing back national service, plenty of troops for goverment control. sorry to help us...Undecided

Forgive me Sunna but this is not true. If you are talking about that Private Members Bill recently, it never got past the second reading. It never was. It was never supported by HMG and had no chance of being enacted into law.

Allons-y

I can second you RS. I wrote to my mp regarding this & his words were along the lines of "it was so poorly thought out, it has no chance at all of becoming law." It has a vote on it in feb 2014, if it doesn't get pushed back again. I've still got the email if anyone wants to read it. Anyway , apologies. Back to the main topic.
31 October 2013, 16:10,
(31 October 2013, 14:29)bigpaul Wrote: you can forget about TPTB going door to door confiscating food stores, they haven't got the manpower or the time, what they will do is take over and control the supermarkets and the supermarket distribution warehouses.

I am not saying that this will ever happen,... but if it did I wouldn't expect it to be a government thing,.. you are right they would not have the man power, .. but it might be a possibility that it could happen regionally,..or even a town or village.

All they would have to say, is that it is a way of helping everyone,..and all those with no food would gladly help collect the food,... you wouldnt need to ask hungry people twice
A major part of survival is invisibility.
31 October 2013, 16:19, (This post was last modified: 31 October 2013, 16:42 by bigpaul.)
(31 October 2013, 16:10)Highlander Wrote: I am not saying that this will ever happen,... but if it did I wouldn't expect it to be a government thing,.. you are right they would not have the man power, .. but it might be a possibility that it could happen regionally,..or even a town or village.

All they would have to say, is that it is a way of helping everyone,..and all those with no food would gladly help collect the food,... you wouldnt need to ask hungry people twice

if it gets to that stage I think a lot of us on this forum would have bugged out long before!! if it NOT a government thing as you say, they can sod off!! or get a crossbow bolt through the skull!

and its not just me, why should people give up THEIR food which they have PAID for just cos someone else couldn't be bothered to? not that the govt gives a toss about the masses. I can see anything like this leading to bloodshed, not that it'll happen, its only a scenario-one of many.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 October 2013, 17:52, (This post was last modified: 31 October 2013, 17:53 by Grumpy Grandpa.)
(31 October 2013, 16:19)bigpaul Wrote:
(31 October 2013, 16:10)Highlander Wrote: I am not saying that this will ever happen,... but if it did I wouldn't expect it to be a government thing,.. you are right they would not have the man power, .. but it might be a possibility that it could happen regionally,..or even a town or village.

if it gets to that stage I think a lot of us on this forum would have bugged out long before!! if it NOT a government thing as you say, they can sod off!! or get a crossbow bolt through the skull!

and its not just me, why should people give up THEIR food which they have PAID for just cos someone else couldn't be bothered to? not that the govt gives a toss about the masses. I can see anything like this leading to bloodshed, not that it'll happen, its only a scenario-one of many.

I also think that if such a thing were to happen, it would likely be a more locally organised thing but, correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't dear Mr Obama recently signed into law the authority for US PTB to do just that? 'Confiscate' from 'hoarders'?

In the UK, our government does tend to follow the US lead...