Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dartmoor in December....
7 November 2013, 09:03,
RE: Dartmoor in December....
(6 November 2013, 23:05)Scythe13 Wrote:
(6 November 2013, 09:44)BeardyMan Wrote: I'll come and play.

You staying over night mate, or just a morning visit like me?

I'll be okay to stay around Dartmoor until around 4pm guys, so that's a good few hours.

Any idea on leaving times on the Sunday? Might be able to pop back down if the wife allows it, and if you're staying pretty late.

I'll be there for the duration.
No part timer here Wink
8 November 2013, 10:06,
Cool S13, I can stick around on Sunday for a good while. Big Grin
8 November 2013, 18:44,
Brilliant! I'll go over some cool stuff I'm learning.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 November 2013, 14:13,
Date and location confirmed. PMs sent to the usual suspects. Also if anyone has anything that they want taught / explained / demonstrated it will be a good idea to mention it well before the event.

I will kick off by asking if somone can give me some basic tuition on my UV5R? (bangs head to wall just thinking of it)

Also please use OPSEC in public posts and PM anything non public.
14 November 2013, 21:22,
Awesome! I'll be there.
15 November 2013, 11:53,
(14 November 2013, 14:13)MCavity Wrote: I will kick off by asking if somone can give me some basic tuition on my UV5R? (bangs head to wall just thinking of it)

Aye, bring it along matey and we'll go through it.

You still bringing the laptop and cable? if I can find the power lead for my laptop I'll bring it along, I have all the different software that can be used to modify the rad on there.
15 November 2013, 14:29,
Oh, I should probably add that there's an air rifle range there, and an archery set up, so bring 'em if you gots 'em.

Also we could have a bring & buy type affair, so anything that you want rid of, stick it in the boot (if you have room!)

There is rudimentary seating round the fire pit, and much more substantial picnic type tables at the eating area, so don't worry too much if you forget your camp chair.
20 November 2013, 18:22,
There's going to be a BCUK clan, and some members from TheBushcraftForum joining us too, so should be a good meet.

Don't worry about OPSEC (any more than usual) as it was pitched to all as a group of friends who meet up monthly for a spot of camping - no mention of prepping at all. Although if you look on TheBushcraftForum there's a prepping section so there is opportunity to network with like-minded people if you so wish.
20 November 2013, 21:05,
(20 November 2013, 18:22)BeardyMan Wrote: There's going to be a BCUK clan, and some members from TheBushcraftForum joining us too, so should be a good meet.

Don't worry about OPSEC (any more than usual) as it was pitched to all as a group of friends who meet up monthly for a spot of camping - no mention of prepping at all. Although if you look on TheBushcraftForum there's a prepping section so there is opportunity to network with like-minded people if you so wish.

That's cool. Thanks for a heads up mate.
25 November 2013, 12:54,
If i can get the time off work and arrange travel id be up for it, if its alrite to come?